HAM Operators- Post up here

K7DFA

Forum Name: K7DFA
"Vehicle":1997 Isuzu Rodeo w/4WD.
(A real "vehicle" has NO non-commercial purpose/use)!!!
No "permanently" mounted radios/antennae (yet).
Still need to buy a mount for my 10m "rig" a power cord, the mounting knobs and antenna/mount/coax.
I also want to buy a HF rig and mount/use it from the "car".
I'll most likely use my dual band mag NMO mount for 2m/70cm, and my Wouxun HT (IF I ever get it back from Cheapham.com)!
Dale
K7DFA

diesel toyota

Observer
Yaesu HAM'r

Call sign; KDOBUZ
Radio; Yaesu VX-7R handheld, truck mounted
Used for traveling mainly south of border.
Basic licensed, no preference on band

Expedition Leader
Worked my first station in a communist country today - Boulder, Colorado. :sombrero:

J/K, really it was a guy in Santiago de Cuba. The lower bands are really open and propagating lately; in the last week I've worked Greece, Japan, Norway, Germany, and The Netherlands (besides Cuba), mostly on 10 meters though a few on 17 meters. All with only a 100-watt mobile radio and a portable antenna. Ham radio is a great hobby if you like to meet and talk to people from other countries. Like taking a mini-expedition without leaving home or your truck.

Exodus

Seeking the Kingdom
KD0MBL
Yaesu FT-857D w/separation kit
Little Tarheel II for HF freqs
NMO roof mount for VHF/UHF
Yaesu 2900R for VHF flexibility
Wouxun VHF/UHF HT

IMG_20100902_113450.jpg

Expedition Leader
studying for General test, and looking at getting on the 10 meter bandwagon and work Europe.

10 Meters has been fantastic these last few months, I hope it stays open and propagating for a long time to come. You can work the whole world on it currently; Europe in the morning and Japan and the rest of the Pacific in the afternoon/evening. The other HF bands are fun too but 10M really kicks butt during the daytime. Good luck on your General Class exam.

Abitibi

Explorer
I had my marine license For a bit but just passed my HAM exam last month. Last week I got myself a nice and simple ic2300h and mounted it inside my truck, works real nice.

And I got myself a sweet callsign that match my truck!

VA7PIG. :wings:

Cheers,
Mr. D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles