HAM info for those attending Overland Expo 2011

gjackson

FRGS
For those of you attending the Overland Expo in Amado AZ, here is some com info for HAM users.

The event call sign is W7E and general event traffic will be on 146.460 simplex. We will also have use of the Elephant Head repeater 145.29 Tone 107.2 for "talk in". Steve Gross will function as the net control on this frequency Friday morning for arrival info...
This would be for directions to Amado, parking info, or any questions that arriving overlanders may have. This repeater was offered to us for our use during the Expo. It is located on a 6,500' mountain and provides at least a 60 mile radius coverage of Amado.

Those of you convoying in will be able to chat and ask questions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

cheers

xtatik

Explorer
For those of you attending the Overland Expo in Amado AZ, here is some com info for HAM users.

The event call sign is W7E and general event traffic will be on 146.460 simplex. We will also have use of the Elephant Head repeater 145.29 Tone 107.2 for "talk in". Steve Gross will function as the net control on this frequency Friday morning for arrival info...
This would be for directions to Amado, parking info, or any questions that arriving overlanders may have. This repeater was offered to us for our use during the Expo. It is located on a 6,500' mountain and provides at least a 60 mile radius coverage of Amado.

Those of you convoying in will be able to chat and ask questions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

cheers
Smart move. Usually called a "talk-in" frequency. Would prolly be a good idea for all ExPo member events. BTW, that special event callsign was last used for the Miss America pageant.:victory:

Cabrito

I come in Peace
does that repeater have IRLP capability?

I'm pretty sure it does but I can't find the node number to call in on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior