Ham-Com, Plano TX, June 10-11, 2011

Expedition Leader
Any Expo members going to Ham-Com this weekend? Supposed to be the biggest hamfest in Tejas. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I think I'll go for the first time this year. Have some money burning a hole in my pocket for an HF radio and antenna.

http://hamcom.org/

Expedition Leader
Good deal Mike and Ross, I will look for you there. I'll probably not be driving either of my trucks though; taking the VW diesel instead.

Ramjet

Explorer
I would be there but I will be in San Francisco on Business. I always miss the good stuff this time of year because of work. This happens to be my busiest time of the year.:(

Expedition Leader
I was there from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m., didn't see any of you guys.

I bought a Buddipole antenna system for a great show price, a mic for my Yaesu VX-7R HT, several Nifty! Mini-manuals, and a few other odds and ends. Was prepared to buy a Yaesu FT-857D radio, but the vendors were sold out. Got one to give me a rain check for the show price though.

KA5IVR

Observer
How could you miss me? I was driving the Truck with the Ham Plates! :) I was there about the same time then went to Market Hall for the gun show.

I got a Buddipole a couple years ago there and added to it last year. Neat little setup, you'll enjoy it.

This year I picked one of those Military mast kits from the guy in the parking lot.

Expedition Leader
How could you miss me? I was driving the Truck with the Ham Plates! :) I was there about the same time then went to Market Hall for the gun show.

hmmm... good thing I didn't realize the Market Hall gun show was the same day, or I would have blown some money there too! :sombrero:

I got a Buddipole a couple years ago there and added to it last year. Neat little setup, you'll enjoy it.

That's good to hear. I'm very impressed with the versatility and construction. I got the "Deluxe" package with some extra free goodies for the show, but already wish I had ordered the longer 9.5 whips.

This year I picked one of those Military mast kits from the guy in the parking lot.

I already have a set of the fiberglass poles, and a receiver hitch mount for them. Already plotting on how to attach the Buddipole VersaTee to the top pole.

KA5IVR

Observer
That's good to hear. I'm very impressed with the versatility and construction. I got the "Deluxe" package with some extra free goodies for the show, but already wish I had ordered the longer 9.5 whips.

I already have a set of the fiberglass poles, and a receiver hitch mount for them. Already plotting on how to attach the Buddipole VersaTee to the top pole.

I started with the Deluxe package too. I added some of the longer whips last year, just to be safe and have a backup and the bigger coil for a vertical. Did you get one of the Painter Pole adapters for the VersaTee?

I have the Fiberglass pole too, that I was planning on doing a NVIS setup with.

SIDE NOTE: How often are you Santa Fe? I grew up in Los Alamos. Still love that area and Food.

Expedition Leader
Did you get one of the Painter Pole adapters for the VersaTee?

No but I probably need to. the ID of my fiberglass poles is significantly larger than a painters pole though - how do you connect to those?

SIDE NOTE: How often are you Santa Fe? I grew up in Los Alamos. Still love that area and Food.

3-4 times a year; we own some land in the San Pedro Mountains and are in the slow process of improving it and building a house there. The plan is to move there permanently within a couple of years, depending on the health of the economy. I grew up in Colorado, but northern NM seems to me to be the best combination of mountains, mild weather in all seasons, lack of people, and proximity to other places I want to go to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior