Hallmark let me down

geodasher

Observer
I will never understand a company that turns its back on devoted customers. Last fall I made a thousand-mile trip to Hallmark in Colorado to have several things fixed including a leaking Dometic faucet--a sealed unit with no user-servicable parts. I brought a new sink & faucet because the one in my 2014 Guanella (purchased new from Hallmark) is no longer made and they didn't want to take the effort to find one. All they had to do was remove the old unit and swap in the new. Easy peasy for them I thought.

Wrong. When I turned on the water system this year I discovered that two water line fittings were leaking, one was cross threaded badly, and a hose was twisted and severely kinked (photo). Hallmark told me they had tested it after installation which was clearly false, so add that to incompetent work. I took it to a local repair shop to fix the mess, and I asked Hallmark to cover the $255 cost. They declined and the owner did not even apologize for the terrible work. I know it's been rough for the RV industry which is why I went to the manufacturer who I trusted. Never again.

Attachments

• Hallmark twisted hose.jpg
    Hallmark twisted hose.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 188

Walkers

I have repaired a bunch of Haulmark trailers, I have not found them especially well made. Just learn to do your own repairs and you will end up with a better product. Post up questions if you are unsure how to do something.

billiebob

We all shop for the lowest price. To expect after sale service costs money and no one is willing to pay upfront for the investment to insure great after sale service.....nothing new here it has been part of the RV industry for 100 years. Pick almost any RV name and the stories will pile up or.... those finding great after sale service were willing to pony up the $$$ when they bought that RV and they ognored the RVs built to attract the masses.

PS.... RVs change every year. RV parts suppliers change even faster. Companies go bankrupt. They buy from off shore suppliers in countries which might not even exist in 5 years. Made in the USA is a feel good topic but we buy at Costco and WalMart who only care about the price today.

Last edited:

tacollie

Glamper
I have repaired a bunch of Haulmark trailers, I have not found them especially well made. Just learn to do your own repairs and you will end up with a better product. Post up questions if you are unsure how to do something.
Hallmark isn't Haulmark? I didn't know Hallmark made trailers?

tacollie

Glamper
I will never understand a company that turns its back on devoted customers. Last fall I made a thousand-mile trip to Hallmark in Colorado to have several things fixed including a leaking Dometic faucet--a sealed unit with no user-servicable parts. I brought a new sink & faucet because the one in my 2014 Guanella (purchased new from Hallmark) is no longer made and they didn't want to take the effort to find one. All they had to do was remove the old unit and swap in the new. Easy peasy for them I thought.

Wrong. When I turned on the water system this year I discovered that two water line fittings were leaking, one was cross threaded badly, and a hose was twisted and severely kinked (photo). Hallmark told me they had tested it after installation which was clearly false, so add that to incompetent work. I took it to a local repair shop to fix the mess, and I asked Hallmark to cover the $255 cost. They declined and the owner did not even apologize for the terrible work. I know it's been rough for the RV industry which is why I went to the manufacturer who I trusted. Never again.
Hallmark has never had great customer service. My stepdad bought one 2009. Had all kinds of problems from the factory that they never successfully fixed. At least these days we have the internet to figure out how to fix them ?

Walkers

Hallmark isn't Haulmark? I didn't know Hallmark made trailers?
I thought the spelling was odd,so I searched ‘hallmark trailer’ and it only came up with Haulmark, which are fairly common box trailers here. Apparently I needed to search ’hallmark RV trailers’. So now I don’t know what the OP has.?

jadmt

ignore button user
I thought the spelling was odd,so I searched ‘hallmark trailer’ and it only came up with Haulmark, which are fairly common box trailers here. Apparently I needed to search ’hallmark RV trailers’. So now I don’t know what the OP has.?
he does not have a trailer he has a pickup camper.....

mkish

Adventurer
Hallmark is a small, old slidein truck camper company.

Haulmark is a bad pun. I guess it's not bad as far as puns go...for a cargo trailer.

• Haha
Reactions: plh

geodasher

Observer
Thanks for the comments. I knew this would result in several perspectives and side tracks. We bought the camper in 2014 after research, visting factories and dead ends. At the time it fit our needs well and was considered a premium pop-up tailored to the buyer. Plus they had a definite schedule and a good reputation for flexibility and support. I trusted them but didn't account for their arrogance. Today's Hallmark is the same core group although our choice would be different now.

As for why I didn't fix it myself, I don't have the skills, tools, agility and eyesight. I can fix a few simple things if they are accessible. However the plumbing is packed in tightly where I can't even see what I'm doing. The fellow I hired to fix it is younger and smaller, with a giant tool bag, and it took him two hours. It would have taken me a couple days and many trips to the hardware store. And I probably would have broken something else in the process.

Attachments

• Steens - camp lupine.jpg
    Steens - camp lupine.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43

plh

Explorer
Hallmark is a small, old slidein truck camper company.

Haulmark is a bad pun. I guess it's not bad as far as puns go...for a cargo trailer.

I had a Haulmark cargo trailer for a few years that was converted to a CTC. Thought the trailer (original portion) was built quite well for a cargo trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles