Had them drive blindfolded - spotting on the trail

lgrt

Adventurer
Typically as overlanders we are not spending as much time spotting vehicles through obstacles as the rock crawler guys. But we do occasionally do find ourselves in a tight spot and need a little help to squeak through. How comfortable are you at spotting others or being spotted on the trails?

doug720

Expedition Leader
Every Easter, our off-raod motorcycle club has a fieldmeet with fun and games. One of the games I came up with is the called the "Divorce Game."

The game uses our Kawasaki Mule side X Side, and has husband and wife teams. The driver is blindfolded and spouse has to direct the driver around a marked course while being timed while the crowd watches and shouts verbal encouragement... After the first lap, husband and wife swap spots.

Quite funny, and harder than what one might expect too. There is a reason it's called the Divorce Game, as some couples don't communicate well!

lgrt

Adventurer
Quite funny, and harder than what one might expect too. There is a reason it's called the Divorce Game, as some couples don't communicate well!

Ha ha... Anytime you put couples into a situation where one HAS TO LISTEN to the other, the entertainment value goes way up :)

Louisd75

Adventurer
This was one of the events at the first year of the NW Overland Rally. I drove, wife spotted. She got upset because I was driving too slow, but she absolutely nailed every spotting call. It's an odd feeling to be driving without seeing.

lgrt

Adventurer
This was one of the events at the first year of the NW Overland Rally. I drove, wife spotted. She got upset because I was driving too slow, but she absolutely nailed every spotting call. It's an odd feeling to be driving without seeing.

Wish they would have done that this year at NWOR... It is always fun to watch.

LR Max

Local Oaf
I'm very comfortable doing both. However when I spot, it would be nice if the driver would listen. And I mean beyond informing them to use their "other left".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior