H1 Hummer Wagons

OLDH1

Observer
Hello, I have a 1993 H1 Wagon that is currently being reworked at Predator Motorsports in CA. Once it is finished I will be starting the adventure with some expeditions across the US before I tackle anything big...but I was wondering why there do not seem to be any or very many H1's used for expeditionary vehicles? I know the fuel mileage would be a concern but that issue is being corrected at Predator where I will be pulling 20+ mpg. Just curious why there seem to be no H1's in the game.

OLDH1

Observer
hahaha on the cummins, no Predator does a swap of the 6.5 Duramax to a 6.6 with a transfer case that allows 2 and 4 wheel drive...fuel mileage goes way up when all four wheels are not digging in!! Also a nice Allison transmission rounds out the package along with exhaust and some other improvements.

clandr1

Adventurer
I would imagine you don't find more of these being used due to higher purchase and maintenance costs, along with a lack of readily available parts and very little aftermarket accessory support. That being said I think it is a very cool rig and it is certainly a beast!

OLDH1

Observer
Good point on the parts and availability. Prices have dropped significantly on them and why I picked up the 1993...that plus seeing that I could eliminate the mpg issue. As for a cool rig...the Jimmy is looking sweet! Used to have one and loved it!

78Bronco

Explorer
I don't think an H1 needs much aftermarket support as they are tough as nails and go anywhere. The higher cost is probably why.

$30-50 grand for something 10years old is still a good chunk of change.

OLDH1

Observer
Yea I have a chunk of change in the H1 when i am finished but I plan on having it for the next 20 years and will be doing a lot of driving so won't be buying other vehicles so justifying the expense that way...hahaha! First trip will be in 2013 with a run from CA through the Rockies across the midwest and down to Florida.

oldestof11

Observer
There never was a 6.5 Duramax...

I just read there website and somethings concern me...

5 position selectable digital power enhancement which also clocks your 0-60 and ¼ mile times Whose?
Larger injectorsHow much bigger?
60psi TurboAre you kidding? No turbo is rated by PSI.
4” Down Pipe
Performance Fuel Management ComputerWhose?
Performance Transmission ComputerAgain, whose?
Billet Triple Lock Torque Converter
Performance Transmission Upgrade (able to hold 800hp and 1400 ft. lbs of torque)
Water Injection
Propane Injection
Nitrous Injection
Heavy Duty Head Stud KitThey better add that with there "60PSI turbo"
Exhaust Brake
And many more…

I truly hope they know what they are talking about and not slapping on ATS crap and up-charging it to the buyer.

EDIT: I just read their Cummins conversion options. Even worse...

OLDH1

Observer
I have visited their operation and checked them out through past customers and some friends in the SOF community...they are spot on with their conversions.
If they are not and the vehicle does not produce as the contract...it will be U G L Y!

Last edited:

OLDH1

Observer
I would agree if I was stuck driving a HUMVEE and especially one with the standard seats...but this one will have an upgraded suspension and definitely much better seats!! I have driven the standard HUMVEE all over the middle east and if that was what I had to drive on an expedition...I would WALK!!

OLDH1

Observer
Hey Frank, checked out that string and I agree, if I was going to buy a trail vehicle I would take a Jeep and modify it as they are rock solid!! Have owed many of them as a native Floridian I have always had one for the beach. But for overlanding or an expedition down into South America I am counting on the H1 to get me there and back some day. First want to explore the good ole USA so I can learn my lessons and not have to worry about a language barrier when I do something stupid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz