GXV DIY Kits?

michaelvanpelt

Observer
I’m looking to get a 20ft composite enclosure for a self build, to install on a BAE 6x6 LWB. Perhaps Mike and Andreas could summarize their products and answer some of the common FAQ’s in this thread for people who are considering the most appropriate enclosure for their needs.

Some questions I have include:

What methods do you recommend to attach items directly to the composite panels such as solar panels, awnings, cabinetry etc? I’ve seen Total Composites talk about gluing cabinetry and solar panels directly to the composite panels, does this work for overhead cabinets and how would you attach, say, an electric awning to the exterior?

Can you install L-Track or similar mounting products into the panels for tie-down points and things you want to be able to remove from the enclosure?

How much weight can these support on the roof? Enough for solar panels, and to use as a roof-top deck?

How much flex or internal movement do these enclosures encounter as expedition vehicles? What considerations need to be taken into account when self building things like cabinetry and bathrooms into these?

Appreciate the response from either or hopefully both of you guys.
We design the panels based on what your needs are but unless we install imbeds within the panels we recommend gluing always

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz