GXV Adventure Truck; how many here?

Steve_382

Has anyone talked to GXV about how many Adventure Trucks they have actually sold? At least with ER they number their rigs to show how many they produced. EC does that also.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Has anyone talked to GXV about how many Adventure Trucks they have actually sold? At least with ER they number their rigs to show how many they produced. EC does that also.

Doubtful, I’ve tried to talk with them about various things about a half a dozen times and they’re very evasive and peculiar when ya ask certain questions.

Totally turned me off of the idea of purchasing an Adventure Truck, which I did seriously consider at one point when looking for my next setup

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
In my experience, GXV simply doesn't reply. From a prospective client standpoint, that answers all my questions, including wondering as well how many Adventure Truck's they've actually built.

wfv56

Don’t know about email com’s but when my wife and I stopped in Missouri the Global X gang gave a a great tour. They gave us a lot of time, the entire staff and facility was most impressive.

adam88

Explorer
I've never been a big fan of GXV after that whole lawsuit thing with the customer. I have no doubt that GXV does great work, but I feel like I would much rather buy a used one that I can see and inspect than buy a new one and deal with them. There are used turtles available on the market which look nice.

Steve_382

It's not surprising that some of these custom rigs that sell for over $500,000 would have disputes from time to time. It would be simpler to just build a basic unit like the Adventure Truck with well defined parts and prices. I can only imagine how complicated it is to get all the details right on one of the big rigs. We spent several hours detailing what we wanted on our Sportsmobile and it was a pretty simple rig compared to these. After we took delivery, we still made a few changes, but SMB was very accommodating and made the changes quickly with no problems.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
It's not surprising that some of these custom rigs that sell for over $500,000 would have disputes from time to time. It would be simpler to just build a basic unit like the Adventure Truck with well defined parts and prices. I can only imagine how complicated it is to get all the details right on one of the big rigs. We spent several hours detailing what we wanted on our Sportsmobile and it was a pretty simple rig compared to these. After we took delivery, we still made a few changes, but SMB was very accommodating and made the changes quickly with no problems.

Yeah, I’m also pretty baffled NONE of the higher end makers offer bare shells that allow the customer to build it to their liking.

I know they make a lot of profit on the build outs, guessing that’s where almost all of it comes from...

But... they’d be a pretty huge market for bare shell earthroamers, or adventure trucks I’m thinking

gregmchugh

Observer
Yeah, I’m also pretty baffled NONE of the higher end makers offer bare shells that allow the customer to build it to their liking.

I know they make a lot of profit on the build outs, guessing that’s where almost all of it comes from...

But... they’d be a pretty huge market for bare shell earthroamers, or adventure trucks I’m thinking

GXV does sell cabin panels and assembled bare cabins using panels but not bare Adventure Truck cabins. Boxmanufaktur will sell bare cabins also. And, of course, Total Composites sells panels ready to assemble.

hermz

I wrote recently and asked GXV if they would entertain building an adventure truck on the F550 with the 7.3 gas engine and got the following reply in case anyone else was interested:

"
We are not keen on the gasoline engines in Expedition Vehicles.
But, if you are interested in one of our Adventure Truck models, let's discuss further.
We can have a meeting with you and engineering & Management.

Just let me know if you would like to come visit, and I'll set up a meeting."

gregmchugh

Observer
I wrote recently and asked GXV if they would entertain building an adventure truck on the F550 with the 7.3 gas engine and got the following reply in case anyone else was interested:

"
But, if you are interested in one of our Adventure Truck models, let's discuss further.

Well, they didn’t say no... :)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
GXV does sell cabin panels and assembled bare cabins using panels but not bare Adventure Truck cabins. Boxmanufaktur will sell bare cabins also. And, of course, Total Composites sells panels ready to assemble.

In theory maybe..

I called 2x, was told I would get a call back, never did

Emailed twice, zero reply...

So yeah.... it’s a theory basically

Steve_382

"

I was thinking about that also. They run the V-10 and now the 7.3 gas in huge Class A motor homes. I have to believe it would be adequate for the smaller Adventure Truck. For one thing the chassis cab is about 800 pounds lighter with the gas motor. That might allow you to use readily available tires from BF Goodrich or Toyo instead of the military tires. The 37" tires from Toyo and BFG are rated at about 3,800 pounds each and I think a gas AT might come in around 11,000 or so dry weight. I'm not planning to go around the world with mine, but really like the smaller format for 1 or 2 month trips out west. Maybe we can start a trend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles