GX 460 Research

Agreed. I have stock sized tires but will easily get 20 mpg at 75 mph on the hwy on road trips. About 15 running around town.
We use 87 octane.

Are you guys doing the math at the pump or going by what the computer is saying? Just curious. Most vehicles I've owned have not been as accurate as doing the actual math.

Reactions: bkg

Sacmaster

I’ve driven 100 series since 08. Had a 5th gen 4 runner as my DD and got my wife a 460. The 460 is so much better than the 4Runner that I got rid of my 5th gen and got myself a matching 460 to my wife’s. They are fantastic. Very much feel like a 3/4 size Land Cruiser. Hardly ever drive my 100 anymore but I can’t bring myself to sell it. And we run 87 octane.

Wallygator

Adventurer
I’ve driven 100 series since 08. Had a 5th gen 4 runner as my DD and got my wife a 460. The 460 is so much better than the 4Runner that I got rid of my 5th gen and got myself a matching 460 to my wife’s. They are fantastic. Very much feel like a 3/4 size Land Cruiser. Hardly ever drive my 100 anymore but I can’t bring myself to sell it. And we run 87 octane.

For $17000 difference in price I would hope it's better than the 4, but I doubt it's $17K different being the same chassis and all.

It does have a V8 that is 31 horsepower more than the V6 in the 4. But for $8K you can have a supercharger installed that will give the 4 100 more horse than it has now. Would still have $9K leftover to build the 4. But the 460 is nice and that V8 would be fun. Just don't know if it's worth the price difference?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Most people on here and other enthusiast boards don't buy a 460 new, they pick them up used CPO or even older for a steal. Regardless the 460 is the more well rounded vehicle overall, I've owned two 460's now and three 5th Gens as well (you already know this lol) and this is the simple reality of the situation. I much prefer the look of the 5th Gen but one can't deny that it doesn't compare regardless of the two sharing the same frame and suspension.

hg1027

Do any trim levels or years lend themselves to aftermarket stereo head units better? I didn't do my research on the last sedan I bought, got a 12 accord with nav, and it's basically not possible to get a modern head unit with android auto/car play in there without a whole dash swap/customization.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
They are all the same from 2010 to the present in that regard as far as the factory Nav units go.

Sacmaster

For $17000 difference in price I would hope it's better than the 4, but I doubt it's $17K different being the same chassis and all.

It does have a V8 that is 31 horsepower more than the V6 in the 4. But for $8K you can have a supercharger installed that will give the 4 100 more horse than it has now. Would still have $9K leftover to build the 4. But the 460 is nice and that V8 would be fun. Just don't know if it's worth the price difference?

I traded my 12 4Runner Limited for the 13 460. I paid $3k in total for a 1 year newer vehicle with 25000 less miles. Not a $17k difference on the used market. Not by a long shot.

JakeH

Adventurer
Rhino radios sells an aftermarket dash panel, but I dont know if it does anything for sound quality. I've seen some speaker upgrades done on our GXs but mostly keeping the stock amp & head unit in place.

hscoots

I've a quick question re: platform gx460 and 4runner share. Would slider mounted on my 5th gen 4runner fit GX460? It's bolt on ones from white knuckle offroad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles