Gun for gx460 secret trap door

around 19" oal. SBRing isn't too hard or expensive.

I have a Zenith MP5 SBR and an M92. I like the M92 a little better. The MP5 is quiet. the M92 is quite the opposite.

pap.jpg
can I get dimensions of the mp5? That would be a great option but I'm afraid it will be too tall to fit. Plus I hear there's a budget option on the way which would help.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
MP5 is:

(with A3 stock collapsed)
19.75" long x , 8.5" high x 2.3" wide

(with B&T side folder folded)
18"l x 8.5 h x 4.3" w

With a mag in, it'll be about 11" high.

MP5 is:

(with A3 stock collapsed)
19.75" long x , 8.5" high x 2.3" wide

(with B&T side folder folded)
18"l x 8.5 h x 4.3" w

With a mag in, it'll be about 11" high.

awesome, thanks for that! it looks like it's going to be too tall to fit in the space I was hoping to use :( may fit behind or under a rear seat, I have been looking for an excuse to get one.

robert

Expedition Leader
around 19" oal. SBRing isn't too hard or expensive.

I have a Zenith MP5 SBR and an M92. I like the M92 a little better. The MP5 is quiet. the M92 is quite the opposite.

pap.jpg
A Dremel cutting wheel will make short work of that weld on the thread protector then you can put a different muzzle attachment on it that will help direct some of the blast forward; they're still loud and though. ;) (These new smilies suck!) There are a couple of manufactures making easy adaptors to add stocks or braces for these as well but it'll be too wide for his given area.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
A Dremel cutting wheel will make short work of that weld on the thread protector then you can put a different muzzle attachment on it that will help direct some of the blast forward; they're still loud and though. ;) (These new smilies suck!) There are a couple of manufactures making easy adaptors to add stocks or braces for these as well but it'll be too wide for his given area.

The M92 was a photo from the web. My M92 was quickly dremeled and given the factory krink brake, but I like the 4pc look better. The are very loud, concussive guns, but the best aspect is the very minor loss of velocity over a 16" barrel- maybe 150ft/sec.

robert

Expedition Leader
The M92 was a photo from the web. My M92 was quickly dremeled and given the factory krink brake, but I like the 4pc look better. The are very loud, concussive guns, but the best aspect is the very minor loss of velocity over a 16" barrel- maybe 150ft/sec.

I've got both muzzle devices for mine (and SBR'd it but can't decide which stock I want to add). Definitely a fun gun to shoot and I'd recommend one any day.

Last edited:

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
The Marlin 1894 take downs are impressive. A .44 Magnum, loaded with Garret or Buffalo Bore heavy magnum loads (300gr), should be comforting to have in big bear country and with any load, the .44 magnum or .44 special is more than adequate in the anti-personnel role. The same model in .357 magnum, loaded with Corbon or Buffalo Bore heavy loads (180-200gr) would do almost as well. The lever gun is also less likely to attract unwanted attention from the authorities (especially in Texas). For this application I would leave off the telescopic sight and stay with a sturdy ghost ring aperture sight. A provision for mounting a white light would be appropriate as would a lightweight, compact sling.

A more economical option would be a Rossi Trifecta take-down combination. For $300 you can have the stock piece, .22lr barrel, 20ga barrel and choice of a .44 magnum or .243 Win barrel.

robert

Expedition Leader
Check out the VZ58 stock. It's minimal and seems to fit like it was made for it. I bought a Yugo correct UF stock, but they just don't feel good, IMO. They only look cool and right.
VZ58 on M92

I've actually got one; I picked it up after getting a Yugo underfolder then thinking it might be nice to be able to remove the stock easily. Both stocks are sitting in one of my parts boxes and I still need to get the receiver engraved. LOL

460 stash.JPG

oh, guess who learned how to post a picture!?! this is the set up I have in it currently. Just ordered the backpacker stock for it so it can be a grab-and-go little pack with 4 mags and some spare ammo. will post updated pics as I can

This is easy: Ken-Tec SUB2000.

Get it in a Glock mag config that matches what ya got already. Inexpensive and tons of fun!!

Folds in half; fits in a backpack. 16.25 inches folded.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/sub-2000/
i Posted a bit back. I've had an overwhelmingly negative experience with Kel Tec, and every one of them I've owned went back to the factory for total failure. I love the form factor, I am not happy with the brand

Riptide

Explorer
i Posted a bit back. I've had an overwhelmingly negative experience with Kel Tec, and every one of them I've owned went back to the factory for total failure. I love the form factor, I am not happy with the brand
Yeah, I just saw your post; sorry.

My experience has been opposite. I haven't put a crazy number of rounds thru any of my stuff, but I've also never had a problem with most of the Kel-Tecs I own, with the exception of a PF-9 that broke a back spring... My SUB is just crazy fun...

Yeah, I just saw your post; sorry.

My experience has been opposite. I haven't put a crazy number of rounds thru any of my stuff, but I've also never had a problem with most of the Kel-Tecs I own, with the exception of a PF-9 that broke a back spring... My SUB is just crazy fun...
no worries. I love how they are shaped and the prices of their stuff. But I had a PF9 frame crack at like 100 rounds, and it died right before I was going to Atlanta. not a good time to be gunless. the sub 2k I got was recalled before I even got to fire a shot for possible explosion issues. that was got it for a family vacation, too. so i don't super trust that brand anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94