Gun for gx460 secret trap door

I have a neat little cubby hole in my new-to-me GX460 and I would love to use it to keep something a little more powerful than my EDC. the problem is I want to use this space with the cover that's already on it so size factors in. I"m willing to assemble or unfold, or even store mags separate if they hang too low. I do NOT want a Kel Tecsub2k. I have enough bad experiences with them that I don't really want to go down that road.

9mm or better if a pistol caliber, not in 22lr if a rifle or braced pistol. I have a ruger take down that I’m thinking the magpul backpacker stock will fit there perfectly. But I was hoping for more punch than the 22.

The space this gun needs to fit in is 20" long, 6" high, 2" deep. so what can I get in there?

I’m in Texas so it’s totally legal for me to do. Parking is always under security cameras, gated, or garaged so theft is a low concern.

I would prefer budget friendly as I did just buy a Lexus ;-)

edit, attaching pic to the original post
460 stash.JPG

Last edited:
I think some take downs will work, but not sure if I could get an AR in there. Hmm, is that the Dolos kit or whatever it's called on the bottom?

which one? the AR ?

Yeah, ruger take down is popping up at $1900.

Not sure it could fit in the 6” height either. I’ll mess with one of mine when I get home, but even a 10” Pistol was 26” overall. And the law folder will make it too thick

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Easy - This

weaponsmart-7326.jpg

Plus

outdoorhub--2015-12-02_00-01-38.jpg

robert

Expedition Leader
You know Ruger is making another 9mm carbine right? It'll take Ruger mags or Glock mags and it's a take down with Magpul rumored to be making one of their backpacker stocks for it. https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html I have yet to see one in person so no idea what size it actually breaks down to.

Another option is an AR pistol with whatever flavor arm brace suits your fancy. Any caliber you can build an AR rifle in you can do with the pistol.
I just reread your post and that 6" height is going to be an issue for an AR. You'd have to put folding sights on it and a folding pistol grip (example )

Easy - This

weaponsmart-7326.jpg

Plus

outdoorhub--2015-12-02_00-01-38.jpg

That’s 26” long, my max is 20”

You know Ruger is making another 9mm carbine right? It'll take Ruger mags or Glock mags and it's a take down with Magpul rumored to be making one of their backpacker stocks for it. https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html I have yet to see one in person so no idea what size it actually breaks down to.

Another option is an AR pistol with whatever flavor arm brace suits your fancy. Any caliber you can build an AR rifle in you can do with the pistol.
I just reread your post and that 6" height is going to be an issue for an AR. You'd have to put folding sights on it and a folding pistol grip (example )

I’ve heard about the new 9mm takedown but I’ve not seen one in person or gotten to measure.
Also ARs (even pistols) are about 16” from buffer/brace to end of the upper. So I would need something with a ~4” barrel. May work in 9mm, but certainly not a rifle caliber

Bravo30

i like this myself. we both carry 9mm glocks so a carbine in matching caliber would make a nice addition for when were out on the bikes and it fits in a backpack!

''Broken down, the PC Carbine is a fairly compact package. The barrel half is about 16.25″ in total length and the stock half, with a single recoil pad spacer installed, is about 20″ in length.''

robert

Expedition Leader
That’s 26” long, my max is 20”

I’ve heard about the new 9mm takedown but I’ve not seen one in person or gotten to measure.
Also ARs (even pistols) are about 16” from buffer/brace to end of the upper. So I would need something with a ~4” barrel. May work in 9mm, but certainly not a rifle caliber

You don't have enough depth for a folding stock/brace but what about a collapsing one? There's also guns like the CZ Scorpion Evo and the Sig MPX that have collapsing braces available for them. Some examples on SB Tactical's website but there are other manufactures as well including the minimalist Tailhook.

There's also the PDW type attachments for Glocks, Sig, CZs like the Micro Roni- available in a pistol version with brace and a stocked version that requires you register your gun as an SBR or the Shockwave Blade pistol stabilizer (never seen one of these in person either). There are other examples out there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke