Guess who's back!?! Atl-atl's K5 Blazer + Four Wheel Camper "The Crawlin Cabin" documentation thread!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
so often a swap turns into some unfinished project that either costs WAY more than originally anticipated, or it ends up getting sold off in pieces.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
How is it sad? You have the means to have what you want done. As long as they do a good job in a reasonable amount of time it's a win-win!

Atl-atl

Adventurer
How is it sad? You have the means to have what you want done. As long as they do a good job in a reasonable amount of time it's a win-win!

Sad because I just plain wanted to do it. Also sad because I don't like to pay someone to do something I know I can do myself. I enjoy projects like this for the learning and struggling and enjoying the feeling of accomplishment when its done. All that being said, I want to use it more than I want to do the swap myself which is why I made the choice.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
I did take the opportunity to make myself feel better and changed the suspension and wheels/tires on my Tacoma for the 4th or 5th time.

50254053937_706dedb12b_b.jpg

50259706151_8d144a8a8e_b.jpg

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Well guys, I really hate to even be typing this. Anyone in the market for a K5 with an ultra rare Four Wheel Camper? I'm considering selling the Blazer. I've found a new house I want to buy thats a stretch but it's a dream place for me. In addition to trucks I'm a bit of an architecture buff and I've found a mid-century modern house by a relatively famous architect (Al Beadle) that is close to my price range. Im considering liquidating all my assets to make it happen. Blazer, Blazer + LS swap parts, just the LS swap parts, Harley, furniture, soul, everything ha. If anyone on here would be seriously interested in buying the Blazer(or a Harley) or knows someone that would, I'd prefer to sell it without listing it. I'd rather someone thats passionate about them gets their hands on it than trying my chances at Bring a Trailer or something like that. If I sell my Harley first then Ill probably keep the Blazer but I know the Blazer will more than likely sell instantly. Im running out of time(Oct. 1) before I need to have a paper trail for any cash that shows up in my bank account since mortgage lenders are so crazy these days. Drop me a line if you or someone you know might be interested and we can exchange numbers. The LS swap has not yet begun. Blazer is still in running driving order with the stock driveline.

toddz69

Explorer
Bummer that you have to sell it after all the work you put into it - a friend sent me the WTW link this morning which led me over here to this thread - not sure how I missed it initially. I didn't realize fourtillfour was doing the meet ups again or I would've come seen it this morning.

I hope the Harley can disappear first so the Blazer saga can continue! You need to be able to enjoy this truck a bit with EFI and not worry about vapor locking for once!

Todd Z.

ajmaudio

Adventurer
I hope you don't sell it.. if you don't be sure to put in a new "barbell" in the LS motor, and think about front and rear mains since its out! Just make sure you use an installation tool on the weals to get alignment right

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Slight necro-bump with an interesting story. I received a message on Wander the West, out of the blue, from someone who saw my old Blazer for sale at a local used car lot. They googled and found my build thread, then messaged me to say they were thinking of buying it but backed out. He then proceeded to give me his contact info and the dealers and well...you can probably see where this is going!!! ?

More info coming soon
IMG_0267.jpeg

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
Slight necro-bump with an interesting story. I received a message on Wander the West, out of the blue, from someone who saw my old Blazer for sale at a local used car lot. They googled and found my build thread, then messaged me to say they were thinking of buying it but backed out. He then proceeded to give me his contact info and the dealers and well...you can probably see where this is going!!! ?

More info coming soon
View attachment 708069
So I didn’t ask this over on the other thread, where was it at for sale? Last I had found it was in Tennessee at a jeep dealer a year ago.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
So I didn’t ask this over on the other thread, where was it at for sale? Last I had found it was in Tennessee at a jeep dealer a year ago.

Yep, that was the dealer I sold it to. This time it was at a podunk mom-n-pop used car lot in Ohio that doesn't even have a website. My guess is they bought it at auction. Word of mouth from a local that saw it was the only way it ever would have been found.

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
Yep, that was the dealer I sold it to. This time it was at a podunk mom-n-pop used car lot in Ohio that doesn't even have a website. My guess is they bought it at auction. Word of mouth from a local that saw it was the only way it ever would have been found.
Pretty crazy how it got to Ohio and you still got the opportunity to buy it back. That’s some kind of sign.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Pretty crazy how it got to Ohio and you still got the opportunity to buy it back. That’s some kind of sign.

Yeah, the guy wasnt even a member on Wander the West, he googled 78 blazer four wheel camper and my build thread came up. He registered for the website just to tell me about it! He then proceeded to send me his contact info and offer assistance if necessary since he's local. Im definitely going to send him a thank you!!!

Atl-atl

Adventurer
So I just got off the phone with Progressive. I wound up insuring the Blazer as a motorhome. Since the camper is open to the inside of the vehicle they allowed me to call it a motorhome, insure it at stated value, get full coverage, get personal effects reimbursement, roadside etc. Has anyone else done this to a vehicle that isnt normally insured as a motorhome?

Also what about registration? Im going to attempt to register it as a mobile home as well. Anyone do this? Ill register it in Flagstaff where there is no emissions testing but what other benefits/drawbacks might come from this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94