Guatemala: 12-day tour from Quetzaltenango to Dos Lagunas, Maya Bio-reserve, Peten

Malathion

That is an adventurous undertaking. I've been to Western Guatemala and driving from Xela to Petén on road would be an adventure in itself. Seeing you go through the mud and jungles reminded me of the old Camel Trophy series videos. Thanks for documenting.

BlindWilly

TXpedition
I haven't been overlanding in Guatemala... yet!
I've climbed Pacaya Volcano and visited Lake Atitlan and Antigua.
I've got family living down there in Guatemala City and hoping to go back and visit.

Those videos reminded me of when I lived outside of Tegucigalpa back in the late 70's. We used to head up to the rain forest to camp next to a waterfall.
Dirt and mud trails all the way there.

I really need to get back down that way. :)

Patrollife

Explorer
That is an adventurous undertaking. I've been to Western Guatemala and driving from Xela to Petén on road would be an adventure in itself. Seeing you go through the mud and jungles reminded me of the old Camel Trophy series videos. Thanks for documenting.

Thanks for checking out the videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrollife

Explorer
I haven't been overlanding in Guatemala... yet!
I've climbed Pacaya Volcano and visited Lake Atitlan and Antigua.
I've got family living down there in Guatemala City and hoping to go back and visit.

Those videos reminded me of when I lived outside of Tegucigalpa back in the late 70's. We used to head up to the rain forest to camp next to a waterfall.
Dirt and mud trails all the way there.

I really need to get back down that way. :)

Sounds like Tegu gave you some great adventures. It must be nice to have a base here in Guatemala. It's a country with lots to explore and filled with adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles