GROUP BUY: Kermit Chair Group Buy - Expedition Portal Logo Optional!

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I always appreciate a group buy. But this kind of pricing really annoys me.

TOURING CHAIR $139
LEG EXTENSIONS $40 PER SET
CUPHOLDER $18

Why not just make a taller chair, instead of selling a $40 and $18 product to fix a design flaw/lacking feature on the original product. I'd hope a $139 chair wouldn't need $58 in add ons.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I always appreciate a group buy. But this kind of pricing really annoys me.

TOURING CHAIR $139
LEG EXTENSIONS $40 PER SET
CUPHOLDER $18

Why not just make a taller chair, instead of selling a $40 and $18 product to fix a design flaw/lacking feature on the original product. I'd hope a $139 chair wouldn't need $58 in add ons.

So...if it doesn't meet your needs don't buy it?

They seem to have a good business going and are selling plenty of product.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
So...if it doesn't meet your needs don't buy it?

They seem to have a good business going and are selling plenty of product.

Yeah. Sorry. I liked the idea of the chair, then got a little emotion when I saw the add ons.

On the other hand, I am constantly amazed how the Expo market seems immune to normal marketing. Kermit will never know how many people they're not selling chairs to.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
I believe the kermit chairs were originally developed and marketed for the motorcycle touring market, thus the more compact the better. I believe Kermit would be smart to begin making a "Tall" chair that would have more appeal toward the 4 wheeled overland crowd. This shouldn't add much to the production cost to simply have longer wooden legs. I'm not knocking the current product, just my thoughts/suggestions.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I believe the kermit chairs were originally developed and marketed for the motorcycle touring market, thus the more compact the better. I believe Kermit would be smart to begin making a "Tall" chair that would have more appeal toward the 4 wheeled overland crowd. This shouldn't add much to the production cost to simply have longer wooden legs. I'm not knocking the current product, just my thoughts/suggestions.

Yeah I think you are right about the origin. I kinda like the 'recliner' configuration you can do - extensions on the front legs but not the back!

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
We didn't meet the minimum order, but I hope to try again soon.

Anyone interested post up here so I can gauge the interest in another group buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles