GROUP BUY: Kermit Chair Group Buy - Expedition Portal Logo Optional!

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
15 Days in and only 6 chairs sold. I was hoping for a better response. Camping season is right around the corner, you know you want a new chair for those nights around the campfire! :campfire:

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
IMG_7157.JPG

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Sorry you feel that way. Kermit has extended a 10% discount to ExPo members which I think was a generous offer. Also we are supporting a small American business that produces a quality product useful in a hobby that we all share. :safari-rig:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
This is not a very good deal.

That seems a bit... harsh... I'm assuming you have a better deal, care to share?

Seems like a decent deal to me, I'm just trying to decide where on my list of priorities getting better camp chairs falls, lots of other stuff on the shopping list getting ready for the season.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I don't know of a better deal and im a pretty staunch bargain hunter. The shipping seems a bit steep but we cant exactly blame Kermit for that. Im still in for a wide chair with cup holder lift kit and table. I'll get the funds to you in time. You have my word. Thanks for putting this together for us!

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
hey comiccharlie I really appreciate the effort you have put forth but I can not partake this time around.

climber-420

Adventurer
That seems a bit... harsh... I'm assuming you have a better deal, care to share?

Seems like a decent deal to me, I'm just trying to decide where on my list of priorities getting better camp chairs falls, lots of other stuff on the shopping list getting ready for the season.

I am sorry, but paying $145 for a chair is a little harsh. What happens when you get up, and walk away from a fire, and then a small ember lands on the seat? For that price, I could outfit over 18 people with fold up chairs that have arms, and a cupholder. Please don't get all butt hurt over what I said. After all, it is your money you are spending, not mine.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and able to decide what gear they want to buy. The higher price of the Kermit Chair will not appeal to everybody, but please don't argue about it here. Fact is Kermit offered us a discount and I am glad to facilitate the GB for those that want to partake. If you don't want to be a part of it, please quietly move on. Thank you.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and able to decide what gear they want to buy. The higher price of the Kermit Chair will not appeal to everybody, but please don't argue about it here. Fact is Kermit offered us a discount and I am glad to facilitate the GB for those that want to partake. If you don't want to be a part of it, please quietly move on. Thank you.

I agree and sorry for getting into it - I thought the guy was saying it wasn't a good price for the Kermit, not that he didn't see value in the chairs and couldn't see why anyone would spend that kind of money.

It's great that we have options. If we were all forced to buy exactly the same chair, clothes, vehicle, etc then I wouldn't like that very much.

Linus Tremaine

Adventurer
All,
These chairs are some of the most comfortable and compact camping chairs I have seen. My camping partner has a pair of them that we use frequently. They pack up small, they are light, they are strong. I want a set real real bad. You will not find a better price on them anywhere. The assembly is a little bit funky the first few times. They are not complicated once you know which piece is which. They set up in one minute. Knowing how much the expo community loves MADE IN USA products, hand made products, custom camping products, long lasting products etc. no one should have any bad things to say about these chairs. They are expensive. They are also great and meet every criteria that we usually subject things to in this community. You all owe it to yourselves to consider it a second time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles