Group 31 Batteries in a dual battery 60

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
Has anyone upgraded their battery trays to fit Group 31 batteries? I've got stock Group 27's in there,
but with 2 winches, fridge and everything else I wondered if someone had done this and has pictures to show it.
I'd like to build my own tray but want to see how anyone else might have done this.

Reserve capacity increase is not really going to be a whole lot on the 31 vs 27 group size. If you are really running low on capacity, maybe consider adding a third group 27?

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
I have thought of the 3rd battery option. I have two winches, and a fridge, lights etc. If I put the fridge on a 3rd, then I'd be really set. But even if
the second battery was a 31, it would be better. 3rd battery involves a bunch more wiring, kind of a 3 way switch, and I'd prefer less complicated if
I can swing it. I think I've worked out a tray that will suffice for being low enough for the 31 posts to clear the hood.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
Trying to conceive how having two winches (front plus rear?) should increase your power usage, unless if you're pulling with the front and rear simultaneously in tug of war fashion.

I have in fact done a 2 winch recovery. But no, both winches were not running simultaneously. I have realized that batteries now are far better than not too long ago.
Just want to have as much reserve as I can afford to carry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94