Griddle Purchase - for Camping

kathleenmelissa

I am considering buying a griddle and am looking for some experiences to help make up my mind. I am mainly considering the CampChef 600 4 burner and the Royal Gourmet 4 burner griddle. They both have things I like but they are both missing something.

I have cooked on Blackstones before and I like them but there are 2 things I don’t like about the black stone. The front grease catch and grease channel is very messy. I really dislike that. I also do not like that it is very wobbly and feels unstable. The stand is not good.

The thing I like about the camp chef is that it has grill grates and the griddle. I don’t know how much I will use the grates but it’s a nice feature. I don’t know how well it works but it does have the front grease catch so I’m not excited about that.

Last edited:

geojag

On the smaller table top Blackstone, there is a new "Adventure Ready" model that has a rear grease trap that hangs off the back of the grill. I am not sure if it is any more stable, but the seem to get good reviews. I have the old version with the drawer type grease trap, and I agree it is a bit loose fitting. I haven't had any trouble with it, but I agree it is a bit cheap feeling. I have had the grill not slid all the way back and the grease missed the trap and went all over the front of the stove, I won't do that again.

They also make a very nice backpack case for the 17" Blackstone, but it costs as much as the stove does!