GregB_00XJ M101 CDN2 "Way too Red" Build Thread (finally)

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Had a thought tonight... anyone interested in buying the Jeep and the Trailer as a pair (a matched pair I might add)?

Plans for both Overland ExPo and Northwest Overland Rally in the tank. Might just pull the chute and bail out on this stuff. May just stick with the WK and our family travel trailer?

Time to really think about this decision.

:(

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Had a thought tonight... anyone interested in buying the Jeep and the Trailer as a pair (a matched pair I might add)?

Plans for both Overland ExPo and Northwest Overland Rally in the tank. Might just pull the chute and bail out on this stuff. May just stick with the WK and our family travel trailer?

Time to really think about this decision.

:(

These thoughts usually end up working out. I had the same thing happen to me. I had my dream truck 2012 Tacoma front and rear armor, sliders, lifted and all the off roading bells and whistles. Not to mention I added a TRD supercharger. I got a "thought" and ended up trading it in on a 2008 Land Cruiser. I wanted something more for my wife and son to be comfortable so they would come with me on my trips. Everyone said I was crazy cause of all the work and time I did. Some people do not understand that that work is most of the fun. I do not regret my decision and I can also pull a larger TT with the LC once I do the same as you and decide to sell my little trailer. GLWS

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I can understand the thought--happens to me all the time with my stuff--but no matter which way you go, you've been a real mensch to provide all the photos, information, good ideas and good work. If you do move on, you certainly can be proud of the quality of your efforts.

:bowdown:

profdlp

Adventurer
...no matter which way you go, you've been a real mensch to provide all the photos, information, good ideas and good work. If you do move on, you certainly can be proud of the quality of your efforts.

:bowdown:

I second that! :ylsmoke:

VanIsle_Greg

Thanks folks...nothing decided yet, but leaning in that direction. I really don't want to sell it all, I love that XJ and the trailer is well, awesome. If I do, it will be hard for sure. We will see what the spring brings.

VanIsle_Greg

Well, I just planned a trip in June with the trailer and the XJ to Northwest Overland Rally with 3 other buddies and my dad. Sounds like there will be my friend Mike with his YJ and his Offroad Teardrop, my friend Dan with Mike's old Offroad POD now on an aluminum frame, and my friend Cody on his Motorcycle. Dad and I will be in the XJ (probably hauling most of Cody's gear too lol).

I have also planned a solo trip with my Son Tristan and a solo trip with my Daughter Phoebe this summer. So it would appear that I am not selling this after all. At least not this year. Did a bunch of work to the XJ as well...with more to come.

Yay!

VanIsle_Greg

Me too... for now at least. We will see what Fall 2015 brings! lol

Might want to build a Teardrop this coming winter. Shhh don't tell my wife that yet!

VanIsle_Greg

Sadly one of our convoy has had to drop out of the NWOR trip this June. Cody cant get out of a rotation at work (month on month off) so he has to sit this one out. The rest of us however are all paid up for the trip, spots booked.

I have a laundry list of things I need to do before too. Ugh

- Trailer Brakes
- Fridge (probably an Edgestar)
- Wire up trailer battery charge circuit to Jeep (easy)
- Wire in MPPT controller
- Fix RTT light and put in USB charger as well (also easy)
- Hub service along with brakes
- Might get my leafs rebuilt as well

Most stuff is going to be pretty easy, it is just $$. I also need to get the XJ ready for a LONG highway haul.

- Steering box is toast
- Front rotors and pads
- Fix exhaust leak (tomorrow)

Again, mostly easy stuff...just $$ (or lack thereof). I am tracking all this in a spreadsheet too...lol.

</nerd>

:coffeedrink:

you might well upgrade the steering box now that the old one is toast ..source one out at your local J Yard ..i remember hearing that a durango fits xj's

you might well upgrade the steering box now that the old one is toast ..source one out at your local J Yard ..i remember hearing that a durango fits xj's

VanIsle_Greg

Yeah, I have a spare in the shed. A friend was upgrading his Grand Cherokee to a bigger box and sold me his... cooler and all. It is tight and low miles. Mine has 200,000 KM on it now, leaks too. Should be not too hard to swap, I picked up a T&T Customs steel spacer plate/brace too.

Flexin

I love this build. I can't wait to build a trailer. Hopefully next year. For now I bought a hitch mounted carrier to haul more with my 2 door JK. After using it a bit, are you happy with the amount of water storage you have?

James

VanIsle_Greg

Hey Flexin.
So far, yes I am pretty happy with the amount of on board water I have. I have the 13 gal inboard tank and 2 5 gal Scepter cans I can refill the 13 gal from. All in I have 23 gals, or the same as our 108 ST Coachman Clipper tent trailer has.

And my water heats up faster! lol

I am going to have to get off my ******** and get this thing ready for trips this year. First one should be soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles