GREAT WHITE BUFFALO (2016 Carli Cummins build)

Epix

Observer
Jesse, I just finished reading your whole thread. Very cool build so far! I have a 2012 6.7 with and 8ft bed and the exact same color. You have already given me plenty of ideas and motivation for my build. Hey, I wanted to ask you about Black Bear Pass. Would you have attempted it in your own truck ? I know you showed the ranger doing it's thing on Black Bear Pass, but I was just curious to see what you thought. Keep up the good work and cant wait to see what you do next.

aaaslayer

Just read through the entire thread. Very nice build. I have a 2015 Cummins with an 8ft bed which makes it difficult to take to a lot of trails out here in Socal because they seem to be so narrow. I believe you're in Socal right? I am in Ontario the Inland Empire. Where do you find these nice local spots to overland/dispersed camp at? I have only been to Lytle Creek trails in my truck and JKU but looking for other trails that are long bed friendly without having to worry about falling off a cliff because of how narrow it is.

I am considering getting the Thuren Overland setup or a Carli 2.5 pintop, but I have the factory rear air bags and have no coils. Just shocks and rear air bags so my options are very limited.

Explorerinil

Observer
Just read through the entire thread. Very nice build. I have a 2015 Cummins with an 8ft bed which makes it difficult to take to a lot of trails out here in Socal because they seem to be so narrow. I believe you're in Socal right? I am in Ontario the Inland Empire. Where do you find these nice local spots to overland/dispersed camp at? I have only been to Lytle Creek trails in my truck and JKU but looking for other trails that are long bed friendly without having to worry about falling off a cliff because of how narrow it is.

I am considering getting the Thuren Overland setup or a Carli 2.5 pintop, but I have the factory rear air bags and have no coils. Just shocks and rear air bags so my options are very limited.
I had the overland kit on my 2014, great kit, rode awesome. I went with the carli back country, radius arm replacements and replacement sway bar... basically a pintop minus the king shocks. I can tell you this kit rides and handles like a sports car, it’s glued to the road on the turns and tows like a dream with the smooth planted suspension. Off-road on washboard areas or blasting through frozen corn fields with a load of hunting grear the truck handles great. For my application I prefer the carli kit over the thuren... it seams to ride better and handle trails better at higher speed plus towing the truck feels planted better.

JESSE A

Adventurer
Theres are trails all over, anza, up the 395, big bear mammoth. Just have to get use to the truck, and the length.

JESSE A

Adventurer
So the truck has gone through some changes recently. We sold the Flippac and the Decked drawers. We are super excited to announce that we are hitting the road full time ( for at least 6 months). We bought a 5th wheel and are in the process of downsizing and getting the house ready to rent!!!!!
img_4901-jpg.43671

Please follow along on IG @bluedog_co Also I have started up my Youtube again should hopefully have Vlog 1 posted up today!!! (Youtube jesse azarva)

Here are some random Pictures from the last few trips!

JESSE A

Adventurer
Our life shifted a few months ago, we sold the flippac, decked and installed a 5th wheel hitch. The truck has basically remained the same except for the fact that we picked up a used Softtopper that we use when the 5th wheel is not hooked up. The Vlog below shows our purchase of the Softtopper in Lake Havasu city.

Our life has shifted for the better, less stress, less finical worries and more living. I understand that this might not be the correct crowd for our new journey but I figure there might be some people still interested in what we are doing. Even though we might not be the typical Expedition/offroaders/overlanders we are on an amazing journey that has opened up this beautiful country. I plan to post up some of our favorite Vlogs.
Please consider following along.

JESSE A

Adventurer

This was a fun few days, Saguaro National Park, Bisbee AZ and Tombstone. This was actually the first time I took the truck out offroad. The trails in the area were amazing smooth and fast, reall cool that our truck can tow 17,000 lbs and still get it done on the trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles