Great White: A Chevy K10 Build

Ouiwee

Observer
I finally got the traction boards mounted on the rack. They fit perfectly and are out of the way.

KIMG0791.JPG

I also added a tether to the pin that holds the swing-outs closed...three guesses why.

KIMG0790.JPG

The beach was nice, if you don't mind swarms of biting flies and 97 degree temperatures.

KIMG0786.JPG

I'm planning a trip to the Land Between the Lakes in western KY in a couple weeks. With any luck, the weather will cooperate.

4runnerteq

Explorer
I finally got the traction boards mounted on the rack. They fit perfectly and are out of the way.

View attachment 601277

I also added a tether to the pin that holds the swing-outs closed...three guesses why.

View attachment 601278

The beach was nice, if you don't mind swarms of biting flies and 97 degree temperatures.

View attachment 601279

I'm planning a trip to the Land Between the Lakes in western KY in a couple weeks. With any luck, the weather will cooperate.
Pleasure meeting you today. Awesome truck. Enjoy your time here. @Airmapper @jgatliff . Pretty sweet Chevy here

Ouiwee

Observer
Pleasure meeting you today. Awesome truck. Enjoy your time here. @Airmapper @jgatliff . Pretty sweet Chevy here
The pleasure is all mine. Thanks for the advice. You have a treasure there, but we only got to explore Land Between the Lakes for a few days.

We did manage to find the spot we discussed. It is beautiful.

One can see a few bald cypress knees sticking up out of the ground to the left in the picture above.

Right off the beach is a perfect camping space under shade of trees.

Getting to this spot requires a 4-wheel drive vehicle, but wasn't too difficult. The bog holes were not deep--less than two feet with a couple exceptions--and were solid on the bottom. The trails were tight but there was room enough for a full size truck. I suspect a winch would be necessary to get out right after a rain. The beach and camp site were immaculate.

Ouiwee

Observer
I'm looking for a show of hands here about how bad an idea I have been kicking around.

At least I have a truck for testing, measuring, and mistakes.

Given the length of the run of tube and engine flow requirements, I bought 4.5" tube and bends. Another option would be dual 3" intakes, but routing the tube under the hood would be a mess.

I would not have guessed it, but one cannot see the tube from inside the cab. I suppose I could build it and determine whether I like it before cutting through all that nice paint on the other truck.

What say you?

Ouiwee

Observer
Well, I managed to make it up to the Adirondack mountains. It sure is fall there.

They have roughly 130 free primitive camp sites available. I was surprised to see wolves, which nearly ran through my camp. The bugs are dead and night is utterly soundless since air travel is sparse (well, owls notwithstanding).

There seems a lot to see there, but perhaps I'll spend more time reconnoitering in the spring.