Great sleeping bag storage sack

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
We all have sleeping bags. Some come with adequate non-stuff sack storage sacks. It is important to store bags loosely the majority of the time. I've been using big plastic trash bags for my Teton Sports Celsius bags. Finding a bag that was stronger than the trash bag method was something I've been looking at for a while. Took a chance on this laundry bag on amazon and we have a winner!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L1BTDY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For $6 bucks you can't go wrong. Hope this helps others who have been looking for a good way to store bags while not camping.

RKRatto

There is a video on YouTube that shows you how to put your Teton sleeping bag back into the compression sack....I watched it and had very little trouble getting it back in the sack....good luck!

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
There is a video on YouTube that shows you how to put your Teton sleeping bag back into the compression sack....I watched it and had very little trouble getting it back in the sack....good luck!
I've got no problem putting in the stuff sack when needed. For normal storage when the compression/stuff sack is not needed it is best to store your bags uncompressed to maintain loft. That is what the loose laundry bags do.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Military surplus laundry bags have always provided us with a cheap, easy to use, sleeping bag storage medium.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah I hear some store theirs in rubber maid :)
I have mine hanging so not sure mice could get to them but OH MAN that would be a huge bummer :(

I use a cotton storage bag. BUT!! A mouse once chewed a dozen holes in it. Maybe they like cotton. Thank God he didn't damage the down sleeping bag. Ideally I think a down sleeping bag should be stored in a rodent-proof plastic container.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles