Great expo cruisers on ebay right now

When I was looking to buy my campervan, I thought about buying a 70 series Land Cruiser Arkana tour bus to convert into a camper.

There was one on ebay at the time, but I can't find the photos of it that I saved.

They are used as outback tour buses here in Australia. I think they might be a cab chassis 70 series Cruiser with extended chassis and fibreglass body.

Here are a couple of 70 series Arkana pics I found from a quick web search...
fp03.jpg

vehicles3.jpg

I was thinking at the time that they would make a great base for a poptop campervan conversion, more room than my Troopy 'Bushcamper'.

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Re: 1983 RHD FJ60 diesel, high roof, third row seat, ultra low miles

LC83GXSahara.jpg

The high roof "Sahara" model was a factory option. The raised roof
allowed passengers to sit in a third row of seats.

This Cruiser was listed on eBay in October and November by a seller in Florida, and later by this seller.
There's a thread about it here
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20472

In November, Buy It Now price was $23,000. So the dealer must be
getting nervous to list it today for 30% less ($17,800).

The dealer is Steve White Motors in Hickory NC. If you're interested
in this vehicle (which is plenty attractive and has very low miles),
you might contact the dealer directly and make an offer.
www.stevewhitemotors.com
(828) 464-3458

kerry

Expedition Leader
Given the fact that a diesel version in the US is pretty unusual, you'd think the seller would have posted some engine pictures.

DaJudge

Explorer
I looked at that 45 with the pop-top. It is pretty nice. The guy selling always has a bunch of Cruisers. He has a couple of diesel ones on his lot as well.

gearguywb

Explorer
The pop top is really nice...I am looking for a cruiser with a propane set up but really don't need or want a camper version.

toyotatruckjunkie

Adventurer
Dajudge, do you have any other contact info for the guy that was selling that pop top? I went to his other ebay items, and nothing came up. If he has other campers like this I'd be very interested.

No one here knows where that yellow poptop ended up do you? It is very interesting to me.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
When I was looking for a troopy, I spoke with the guy in NM. He had another pop top one at the time....I even emailed him on this one before he had it on ebay regarding a "top swap", but never heard back....

$13K is a deal on that troopy....

-H-

toyotatruckjunkie

Adventurer
Yeah, I agree. I've bought and sold stock 40's for that kind of $. I'd find the money to pay that much for a pop-top camper troopie in that condition, easy. Hear that everyone, have another one like it for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles