Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
Our local dealership has a used 2007 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Limited for sale with 18,000 miles. Is here anyone with experiences, ideas or opinions?
Thanx, Tomas

I have an 08 with 13,000 trouble free miles on it while getting about 21mpg. Make sure you know your deal and don't get raped on the used vehicle price...there are still new CRD's on some lots out there that are being sold at very reasonable prices which is why I bought new and not used.

JPFreek1

Explorer
We just bought an 07 4x4 Limited 3.0L CRD with 17,900 miles about three weeks ago and got a hell of a deal on it. Which model Grand Cherokee CRD is it and what is the dealer asking in relation to its KBB & Blue Book value? Compare with an 08 but we're very happy with our 07 and as I mentioned, the deal was a good one and I'm happy with our purchase.

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
We just bought an 07 4x4 Limited 3.0L CRD with 17,900 miles about three weeks ago and got a hell of a deal on it. Which model Grand Cherokee CRD is it and what is the dealer asking in relation to its KBB & Blue Book value? Compare with an 08 but we're very happy with our 07 and as I mentioned, the deal was a good one and I'm happy with our purchase.

It is just like yours, the 2007 3.0 L CRD limited actually with 20,000 miles. We are going there tomorrow to test drive and try to get a deal. the asking price is $27,999.- but the dealer is willing to negotiate.....Tomas

biere

Observer
I have an 07 limited with the diesel.

I am very happy with it, have not modified it much since it was simpler to put off mods to just go to work and keep checks coming in for the bills.

I am in the hilly part of east tn and on the backroads it does low 20s pretty easily. I have a few routes that are pretty flat and doing 55mph it will surpass its highway rating of 24mpg on most trips.

It is an amazing vehicle as far as I am concerned, main reason I bought it is the diesel but the qdII is jaw dropping at times. I still need to work on skids a bit, mine did not come with all the nice skids and tow hooks but I got the stupid trail rated badge though.

Due to the cost of parts for this engine I bought an extended warranty when I bought the jeep.

There is a tsb for the window regulators, I still need to have mine done. Basically it comes with some really sensitive regulators or maybe relays, I forget, and the window acts possessed when trying to roll it up at times. Not bad enough to make me get it fixed in 20k miles though.

I bought mine new because I wanted to know who had cared for the engine since it was new. I plan to keep it as long as humanly possable.

JPFreek1

Explorer
It is just like yours, the 2007 3.0 L CRD limited actually with 20,000 miles. We are going there tomorrow to test drive and try to get a deal. the asking price is $27,999.- but the dealer is willing to negotiate.....Tomas

You should definitely be able to negotiate that price down significantly. Our 07 WK is loaded with just about every option minus the xenon head lamps and Sirius satellite radio. We walked out the door with it for $23k which is close to 45% off the sticker price when it was new two years ago (I attribute this to the cost of fuel last summer).

Good luck and post some pics when you can. I've got the dealer photos of our rig available for you to view here:

http://www.jpfreek.com/news_events/

haven

Expedition Leader
How about this one:

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited CRD 4x4
5500 miles $22,900

dealer is in Houghton Lake, MI, about 200 miles north of Detroit

Vehicle was repaired by Chrysler for fuel contamination:
Remove, reprocess, and install fuel rails, high pressure fuel pump;
Replace fuel tank, pickup module, fuel lines, fuel filter and clamps.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=256435282

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Man that makes me really want to get back into a Jeep just for the Diesel... Paging the Toyota mother ship... WE WANT DIESEL'S LIKE YESTERDAY!!!!!

Glad to hear that the motor is living up to the rep that Diesel's have for being robust and trouble free. to the owner of the CRD, How does it pull on steep gtrades and how is the rest of the rtruck holding up around it???

Cheers

Dave

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
You should definitely be able to negotiate that price down significantly. Our 07 WK is loaded with just about every option minus the xenon head lamps and Sirius satellite radio. We walked out the door with it for $23k which is close to 45% off the sticker price when it was new two years ago (I attribute this to the cost of fuel last summer).

Good luck and post some pics when you can. I've got the dealer photos of our rig available for you to view here:

http://www.jpfreek.com/news_events/

Thank you all, the dealers best offer was $25,900.- so we walked away....Tomas

JPFreek1

Explorer
Man that makes me really want to get back into a Jeep just for the Diesel... Paging the Toyota mother ship... WE WANT DIESEL'S LIKE YESTERDAY!!!!!

Glad to hear that the motor is living up to the rep that Diesel's have for being robust and trouble free. to the owner of the CRD, How does it pull on steep gtrades and how is the rest of the rtruck holding up around it???

Cheers

Dave

I've gotta say, the CRD in the Grand Cherokee is AWESOME! Pulling power is equivalent to its 5.7L Hemi cousin and handles up/down terrain as if it were second-nature. Gas mileage has been great as well with approx. 20.5 mpg in-town and 23.5 on the highway. When I run B100 biodiesel, I get about 1mpg more in-town and on-highway. Overall, I'm very pleased about the CRD.

I actually wrote a review on this platform last year in the magazine. You can view the review on the JPF website at:

http://www.jpfreek.com/web/reviews/

Nomad_K

Adventurer
How about this one:

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited CRD 4x4
5500 miles $22,900

dealer is in Houghton Lake, MI, about 200 miles north of Detroit

Vehicle was repaired by Chrysler for fuel contamination:
Remove, reprocess, and install fuel rails, high pressure fuel pump;
Replace fuel tank, pickup module, fuel lines, fuel filter and clamps.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=256435282

I was looking at a few of these online - any idea what happened to them - bad fuel, sitting on the lot too long?

I found a similar deal but wasn't sure what to make of the repair.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I was looking at a few of these online - any idea what happened to them - bad fuel, sitting on the lot too long?

I found a similar deal but wasn't sure what to make of the repair.

Typically this kind of thing is due to a clueless spousal unit "gassing up" a diesel vehicle.

Generalization/stereotype... but... NVM.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I've gotta say, the CRD in the Grand Cherokee is AWESOME! Pulling power is equivalent to its 5.7L Hemi cousin and handles up/down terrain as if it were second-nature. Gas mileage has been great as well with approx. 20.5 mpg in-town and 23.5 on the highway. When I run B100 biodiesel, I get about 1mpg more in-town and on-highway. Overall, I'm very pleased about the CRD.

I actually wrote a review on this platform last year in the magazine. You can view the review on the JPF website at:

http://www.jpfreek.com/web/reviews/
So glad to hear from an actual owner. Now I'm just jealous, that sounds like one awesome motor and it's making me really mad I dind't choose to further persue the Diesel swap in my 4Runner :( :( :( :(

"pulling power of the Hemi" :drool:

Cheers

Dave

biere

Observer
The diesel has about the same torque as the hemi for my model year 07 diesel and model year 07 hemi. I don't know if anything changed for 08 stuff.

The diesel only has 215 hp I think.

If I can keep my momentum up then it has no problem with maintaining speed. Matter of fact it loves to maintain speed.

But have one moron cut you off and make you scrub off speed and you will realize this is just a v6 and while awesome it is what it is.

Jellico mountain at the tn border near kentucky is where I got cut off by said moron. I had the jeep full of stuff, and I mean full. I had a utility trailer fully loaded with a load that was tarped but catching a ton of wind.

The jeep did alright getting back up to speed but it is not even close to my previous 03 h.o. cummins dodge with 4.10 gears and the 6 speed and a whole lot of banks mods.

If the jeep is loaded heavily by itself it has tons of power. If the trailer is what has the load, it does fine.

But when really loaded with a whole lot of weight overall it is just a v6 with 215 hp and 374 ft/lbs of torque.

I don't run bio diesel or anything else in my jeep, I think the owner's manual talks about a 5% max mix so it is not worth it to me.

I am very picky about taking care of it because I plan to just keep it stock for a long while and then do a few minor things to it.

As it is stock, it does great for my daily driver and when I get time off it takes me anywhere I wish to go.

While I loved the modified cummins in my old pickup it was not the best vehicle for me.

The rest of the jeep is holding up fine, but like I said I have a whopping 20k or so miles on it.

Eventually it will get the old man emu springs with minor lift but more weight capacity. I will probably add more skidplates and or sliders to it mostly to protect stuff and give me more options when jacking it up or doing other stuff. I get really concerned about hurting something underneath and extra protection is well worth the money and weight in my opinion.

Someone is talking about an aftermarket fuel tank that goes where the spare tire goes, while not really needed for my travels the idea of being able to buy fuel when I find the best price is something I am really considering. This is on a couple jeep boards I play on, they have specific wk platform sections.

I just don't know what to do with the spare tire unless I get a rear tire swing out of some sort and that just about requires a whole bumper for what I would prefer to have to live with every day.

If jeep had the diesel in the 4 door wrangler I would own that. If the diesel could be had with a stickshift I would probably have that.

If toyota offered something in a similar size with a diesel I would probably have that as well.

I basically wanted a smaller diesel vehicle than my one ton pickup. The options were few since I wanted 4x4 and I picked the jeep over the mercedes suv with the same engine. But the mercedes transmission has 7 gears vs 5 in the jeep.

But the jeep is awesome, I just hope it runs forever with minimal needs other than required maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior