Graham in Land rover Monthly

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Graham Jackson's excellent series on vehicle preparation is continuing in the current (April) Land Rover Monthly. No matter what you drive the information is valuable. There's also a piece on the last Nevada Trophy, in which a couple of our founding members did well. A good issue to pick up.

I got a tickle out of this line:

Land Rover Monthly: "Did you ever consider a Land Cruiser?"

Graham: "No!"

And in the Nevada Trophy story, you'll notice Scott with his Expeditions West door peaking out strategically from behind the lead Rover!

And, finally, be sure to check out Graham's brilliant expedition drawer system. Total cost, $10.

gjackson

FRGS
Okay, we all take a little lattitude when telling stories! I did consider a Land Cruiser very seriously for the trip, but considering the main audience for this mag! :D :D Bold faced lie in the interests of grabbing attention!

I only picked the mag up last night on my way to do my latest slideshow. Didn't see Scott's door until this morning. Good eye!

cheers

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
gjackson said:
Didn't see Scott's door until this morning. Good eye!

cheers

That cracked me up - I can just see Scott eyeing the photographer and then stealthily opening up his door JUST as the shutter flicks, such that the Expeditions West logo is strategically placed exactly in the field of view!
Excellent, Scott!

60seriesguy

Adventurer
gjackson said:
Okay, we all take a little lattitude when telling stories! I did consider a Land Cruiser very seriously for the trip, but considering the main audience for this mag! :D :D Bold faced lie in the interests of grabbing attention!

I only picked the mag up last night on my way to do my latest slideshow. Didn't see Scott's door until this morning. Good eye!

cheers

I read the article on Saturday and meant to comment...great read!! I was a little hurt (wink, wink) about the Land Cruiser comment, but a good writer always understands its audience! :)

Cheers, Graham!

Henry

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks for the reminder! I need to go pick mine up. I sent Scott a link to the preview of the issue from the LRM website last month, and noted that it looked like the Taco presence may have persisted to make it into the pages of this mag... but the little thumbnail was so fuzzy it was hard to tell. Sounds like it happened! "Cha-Ching!" LOL... so was there perhaps another white taco behind Scott's in the photo?? :) ...enquiring minds want to know.

gjackson

FRGS
Yes, there is another taco behind Scott's in the pic. Kinda obscured by the door on Scotts rig, but can be seen.

cheers.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
LOL... good guess! :)

Scott and I picked up our copies last night. We actually got a nice mention in the article - all 4 guys from our team including Uwe (whitethaiger) and Greg (viatierra). Woohoo!!

Thanks to Michael Green and Fred Cone for the words and images.

I haven't read Graham's article yet. It looks juicy though!!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Another great article from Graham in the latest issue. I like the comment about the first steps he takes before tackling a trail repair. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier