GPS tracker for security on the trailer

Rescue6

I just ordered a Viper alarms little stand alone GPS tracker to install on my trailer for a little piece of mind. I hate crooks. It always bothers me when leaving the trailer at the camp site. So I figured this was relatively cheap insurance. And at around $8 a month for the service after the first year that is included I couldn’t go wrong. It’s on sale currently if anyone is interested too.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
I wonder what happens if you are camped in a place with no cell signal and it is stolen? Will it upload whatever track/location data it has as soon as it sees signal again?

Rath

I can't envision why a thief would do that?

T

for this very reason. It's more common than you would think to look for trackers/disable them, unfortunately. as they become more popular to use, people stealing things start to learn a lot about them. well, the career criminals anyways. they definitely still work against the crime of opportunity criminals.

Rath

it's not uncommon in the Powersports theft area to look for them. They know there is a good chance they are there, so they know to look. Obviously, if they don't expect there to be one, they won't be looking for it.

trailers probably aren't as common to expect them on, but to think a GPS tracker is 100% foolproof to criminals is just silly. People make this their life, they know what to look for and how to disable it lol. My machine had one when it was stolen. It was disabled before they even left the yard. 12 other machines were stolen that night. sure, not a common thing to happen but like I said, the career criminals know.

biggoolies

Adventurer
I have a similar system installed in my truck. ( I hope the thieves are not reading this) and the thing I don’t like about it is about the cellphone signal. Many times we are in remote areas where there isn’t a signal making the system useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier