GPS Solutions for EV's

Johstacy

Some of you may or may not know that even though EV's have an infotainment center that includes navigation it is not recommended to use that navigation solution for off-roading / overlanding. (kinda weird considering the Rivian is sold as an adventure vehicle... hopefully they can close that gap with a software update). I am currently aware of two solutions to close that gap to use with my Rivian however I am interested in what others are using or as tech progresses what are some other options.

Here is what I am currently looking at putting in my Rivian
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 Android Tablet with 128GB Storage
  • Gaia GPS app
  • Trailsoffroad.com app
This is kind a what I pieced together what are your thoughts?

WOODY2

Adventurer
Some of you may or may not know that even though EV's have an infotainment center that includes navigation it is not recommended to use that navigation solution for off-roading / overlanding. (kinda weird considering the Rivian is sold as an adventure vehicle... hopefully they can close that gap with a software update). I am currently aware of two solutions to close that gap to use with my Rivian however I am interested in what others are using or as tech progresses what are some other options.

• Gaia GPS app
  • Trailsoffroad.com app
Prolly 10 less miles of range? :ROFLMAO:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader

• Gaia GPS app
  • Trailsoffroad.com app

I typically use Gaia because most people I go out with use it and it is easier to share waypoints and routes with them. I have been using Onyx offroad (and hunt) a lot recently as well and personally like it more than Gaia, you have to pay for it however. They both work on most tablets. I use trailsoffroad for research and then plug in the info into Gaia and Onyx

Johstacy

I typically use Gaia because most people I go out with use it and it is easier to share waypoints and routes with them. I have been using Onyx offroad (and hunt) a lot recently as well and personally like it more than Gaia, you have to pay for it however. They both work on most tablets. I use trailsoffroad for research and then plug in the info into Gaia and Onyx

I'll check out Onyx I don't have an issue paying for something of value. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles