GPS Snitch - tracking device

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I see multiple uses for this device. Not only would it aid in keeping track of where your kids are going (I have 15yrs before I need to worry about that). Or, on deep expeditions, loved ones could log on and see where I was when they felt worried and I had not sent a recent SPOT.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
A parallel product of theirs: LonerGPS, a sort of SPOT for lone workers but I think it could be used ala SPOT excepting SPOT's coms feature.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We've had a device on our work van for years. However it wasn't full wireless, it had an antenna on the roof. Works great for those unsuspecting wood be goofballs that stop at the local bar while out on a delivery.

Now we don't use the service.. since im the one that drives the van :sombrero:

Hoss86

Observer
Here is a less expensive alternative. http://www.instamapper.com/. I'm eventually going to try it. I emailed them and they said it works better with the Motorola iDEN phones. I tried it with my first generation iPhone and it did a good job despite not being the recommended 3G 2nd generation iPhone. I know it won't get great for overland or secluded areas, but can come in handy if you need to call 911.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior