Gotta love extended warranties

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I have a 2004 4Runner with a little over 77K miles on it. My extended warranty ends in May of this year so I asked the dealer to go over everything with a fine tooth comb to find anything the warranty would cover before it runs out.

They found the lower control arm bushing were worn and starting to crack so the warranty covered replacing both front lower control arm assemblies. :wings:

I know if you needed to you could get this done for a lot less but at dealer rates this would have been a $1300 job. I now have brand new lower control arms and bushings and it didn't cost me a dime. :victory:

Now if I can just find something else before the warranty runs out. :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Maybe I should go play u-boat commander. :elkgrin:

The engine is just purring away with no problems. I expect that to continue for years to come.

The other major repair I had done last year under warranty was the rear seal on the transfer case. That seems to be a weak point on this year's model. The goofy design requires you to pull the xfer case and split the cases to replace the rear output shaft seal. How goofy is that?:Wow1:

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Sounds like you’ve got your money out of your extended warranty :)

Last year I had the rear seal on my '06 T-case done as well. It was covered under the standard drivetrain warranty.

snip...

The other major repair I had done last year under warranty was the rear seal on the transfer case. That seems to be a weak point on this year's model. snip...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne