got a new trooper

zimm

Expedition Leader
i could say, new to me, but its as close to new as you'll find, so ill just call it new.

im gonna try to restore it to all original.

Attachments

• t19.jpg
    t19.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 117
  • t16.jpg
    t16.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 108
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 111
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 110

jhill15

Explorer
Sweet! I had the same one...years ago just in silver! I put some old steelies and a/ts and took it everywhere it shouldnt have gone!
Cant wait to see what do with it!
:subscribed:

S

Squatchout

Nice! I saw your posts on the planet and wondered if it was the same person.

zimm

Expedition Leader
That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much dd you get it for?

im torn between a full resto, since it only needs correct trim and rear seat, and making it a mini overlander that will never overland.

GVW is 4700 and curb is 3600. i can have custom rear springs made here, but an 8274 and full bumper/guard has me concerned up front. i dont have any torsion arm alternatives. i could dig in and see if theres clearance for a spring over.

zimm

Expedition Leader
without the rear seat, its perfect for a shotgun and a dog. i'm 6'4" and i cant recall the last truck i had that i could see the roof or got more than 10mpg. its the zimmprius.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Nice,
I have recently been finding myself searching for troopers on CL instead of my normal LC searches...some nice examples out there...one less now:drool:

EricMcGrew

Adventurer
Love the rig! I'd really like to see it as a clean shorty overland rig, but It'll be cool as a resto as well. I'll just stare at the screen until you update. Don't mind me... JK!

Looking forward to your progress in either direction.

zimm

Expedition Leader
found a black interior 4.5 hrs from me. rear seat supposedly in good shape. i may just head down and yank the whole truck for spares.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
That's a very nice truck, Zimm. I had an '86 in high school, and was a nice, honest rig.

Question: I might have missed the details above...what is the current mileage?

zimm

Expedition Leader
107, ooo miles.

I can't explain the mileage and body condition. Yes, it's 2000 a year, but it's still 107 on a 4wd economy car. Very odd. Someone was a damn anal owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94