Got a new Digital Rebel XT

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Perhaps this belongs in eye candy, but I got a new Canon Digital Rebel XT with the 17-55 kit lens for my birthday. This is a huge upgrade from my 5.1mp Fuji Z1, so I was really excited. Just thought I'd share a few pictures... I like it a lot, definitely would like a more telephoto/macroable lens but the detail is just amazing. I've noticed that it doesn't have as high contrast as I'm used to in the old Fuji, but that can be changed in post-process. These are completely unedited except for size and JPG'd at 90% quality. There is definitely some loss there.
IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
Nice photos guys!

BK;
You may already know this, but you can change contrast right in the camera. One of the menus allows to set different picture styles, kind of like Velvia, Kodachrome etc. At least on my older model Digital Rebel you can. Sorry I can't describe the exact process since my camera and manual are still in the safe of the OutbacKamper somewhere in the Pacific.
Cheers
Mark

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Yah, I'm sure you can do it... Just wanted to get shooting before I wasted time reading :D

gcec

Do you know if there's a GPS attachement for the Rebel? I was looking at the Nikon DX2 becasue it has GPS capability, but it's WAY more camera then I'll ever use. A friend recommended the Rebel, and I've looked into them a fair bit. Seems like an excellent camera (I assume the Rebel is the North American equivalent of the 350D).

I suppose I could just continue to use RoboGEO and GPS-Photo Link.

Damn nice photos :)

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
No GPS that I can find, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Would this just be for plotting location and such of your shots?

gcec

BKCowGod said:
Would this just be for plotting location and such of your shots?

Basically. If the camera is GPS enabled, then it writes location data to the file and optionally superimposes it on the image.

If not, then you can use your GPS track log and software like RoboGEO to do the same thing. The software reads the track log and compares the image's timestamp to the track log to determine the location data. It can then write it to the file properties, and superimose it over the image. The software packages have the additional benefit of being able to add copyright information as well.

In either event the data stays with the photo, where ever it goes :)

Some of the packages will go an extra step further and plot your track onto maps, then save it as a web page, with hper-links to the photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles