Got a new 4Runner this weekend

Titan_Bow

I hit a deer last month and they totaled my Xterra. I was torn between staying with Nissan and buying a Titan, or staying with an off road capable SUV. We went down and test drove a new 4Runner this weekend and I loved it. Ended up buying a 2021 Venture model 4Runner. I’m hoping to have a decode or more of adventures and fun! I made a quick makeshift platform for sleeping in the back

b419d499a0e0feceeda38a57abe469df.jpg

1e058f108e154d2cf3a045254b7b5888.jpg

d4e1bc22a9a5eaa7a8eb3c0e1eb071e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outback97

Adventurer
Looks nice! As an Xterra owner who has never driven a 5th gen 4Runner I’m interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare.

Titan_Bow

Looks nice! As an Xterra owner who has never driven a 5th gen 4Runner I’m interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare.

I’ve only got 77 miles on it so far. My initial impressions are the 4Runner is a smoother, little more refined ride. Still though, a very “familiar” feel. I like that it “tracks” a little better with the longer wheel base. The Xterra can seem a little jumpy on the highway sometimes. The 4Runner definitely has less road noise than the Xterra. I will say the Xterra was way more responsive and just felt like it had way more power. The 4Runner seems pretty sluggish compared to the Xterra. I’ll do a drive up I-70 and some mountain driving pretty soon, that will be a good comparison drive. Overall, I enjoy the slight familiarity of the two vehicles, as I put 160k on my X. However, I am loving the technology, the more refined feel, and smoother ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anton39

Wow, nice looking 4runner. I'm a Toyota lover mainly because it's very reliable, easy to maintain and parts are cheap. Enjoy your new ride!!!

Titan_Bow

Looks great! Did it come with the cooler too?

It didnt come with a Cooler, it looks like the Trail edition is the one that comes with that. Mine came with a Yakima roof rack, but the biggest thing I was thinking was the 4 or 5 times that the diff locker in my Xterra got me out of stuff, so thats why I went the Venture, because it has the off road goodies my Xterra had. A cooler would have sweet but I do a lot of hunting and fishing, and I already have a collection of Yetis and rotomolded coolers!

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Oh so the new Venture edition also has a locker?! Ah I did not know that. I thought the Venture and Trail editions were the same but without a locker. Learned something new today! So the Venture edition is basically an Off-Road but with the TRD wheels and black appearance updates? Trying to make sure I finally know all the differences. lol

The locker is something I do wish I prioritized on our 4Runner. I thought our JKUR would be our primary adventure vehicle but after getting the 4Runner.... it just drives so much better and is still so capable on all the trails we've done so far, especially with a small lift and BFG KO2s tires. You definitely have a winning vehicle there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles