Got a Gen 1 LWB, what now?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Next up is emissions and rego. I'll put some miles on the LS400 while i get the AW3 pulled from the '94SR, the Gen 1 bodylifted and prepped for the V8 and Super Select.

AZPAJERO

Observer
The 1UZ runs pretty strong and pulls nicely thrugh all gears, got the car all cleaned up and polished too. I want it to look nice for when i tear it down, here's a video of it running with open headers.

giphy.gif

Reactions: plh

evomaki

Observer
Yeah, What???? A 1UZ will fit? with the Monty, I've always been a little concerned about fore aft clearance firewall to radiator. It's a bit snug with just 3 cylinders in that direction. This will be very interesting. That 1UZ is a great engine.

Toasty

I'm doing a bodylift to clear a Gen 2 transmission and superselect T-case too, I was originally going to do a stand alone wire harness to run the 1UZ in the truck but I can almost guarantee i'll sell this truck at some point so i'm going to do fully integrated harness into the Gen 1 Montero. This means factory connectors and wire colors so the OEM schematics can be followed if there are ever any issues. The one challenge is going to be the gauges particularly the speedometer because it's cable driven, I want it to look and function stock. If i can find the right aftermarket gauges that look correct and fit i'll run those. I could make the old gauges work but that means spending some $500 on interfaces to make the crappy old gauges work properly and eventually they won't be able to be serviced.

Oso

Forest Defecator
LT has some gauges that are about as close to the stock look as can be. Autometer IIRC. The info is in my phone, but it's hiding from me at the moment.

Toasty

20190224_192713.jpg

Pulled the AW3 out of my '94 today, the hard way. Scrapped the rest, hopefully nobody needed a good 24v 3.0 (watch I'll regret that).

20190224_142543.jpg

*If you noticed the oil that spilled when we flipped the thing over, yes i dug all of that contaminated earth up and disposed of it properly. Because here in Az, we care.*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke