Gorgeous '77 FJ40 spotted locally...

dookie

Observer
@ Performance Chevy, Chapel Hill. No affiliation, but too damn pretty not to share! It's not on their dealership used car list...they're fishing.

Right here.

$_57.JPG

Douglas S.

Adventurer
Whenever I see diamond plate quarters and rocker guards on an FJ40 I can't help but think it's rusty underneath.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Doesn't do it for me at all.

Looks taller in the front than rear, I see a 4+ S/R kit so is likely why. Don't like the diamond plate. Don't like simulated beadlock wheels. The color is to loud for me and I am not a fan of the canvas.

Cheers

Hector

Wow, you guys are harsh! Remind me not to post a pic of my 40 on here... LOL

tell me about it.... thought i got redirected to pirate or something.
Not my cup of joe but didnt feel the overwhelming need to bash but this seems appropriate :eek:rngartis:eek:rngartis

Now the dealer selling it as a rebuilt 3.8 v6 on the other hand deserves a little flack.... esp when one of their 4 shots is of the straight 6 2f oops.

it would have fit in well down the road in Raleigh last week at our local meeting .... lots of orange lately
image-1972012685.jpg
image-266246370.jpg

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
tell me about it.... thought i got redirected to pirate or something.
Not my cup of joe but didnt feel the overwhelming need to bash but this seems appropriate :eek:rngartis:eek:rngartis

Somebody shared a picture, others shared their opinions. I do not see this as bashing.

It is not like it is some guy's personal truck, it is for sale and as you say by a dealer.

Cheers

esh

Explorer
Looks like a well built truck to me. I'm not sure if the comments are from a purist angle or what (doubtful, nobody with an "opinion" appears to own a 40), but other than the Warn hubs I'd rock it to GSMTR or SCC happily. OSU school colors are orange, so I may be biased. I think priced around 10-12 would be a little more fair.

This is a rare case when the diamond plate looks toward the tasteful side rather than the coverup. I'm betting they went for the look more than anything else.

Still trying to decide which of my 40s or the 45 will get the old factory orange Metal Tech uses.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94