gopro mounted to the roof

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
driving down onion creek in Utah.

i think it would have been better if i did a few donuts at the top.. but oh well :)

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice!! Is that a sped up version of the video or did you have it take interval shots and then stitch them together into a video?

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
its a sped up version of the video I think i shot it at the 60fps mode

video instead of stills tends to run back much smoother when the speed and motion of things in the shot move so fast

off-roader

Expedition Leader
its a sped up version of the video I think i shot it at the 60fps mode

video instead of stills tends to run back much smoother when the speed and motion of things in the shot move so fast

How long was the original video? How much space did it require prior to compressing it? Trying to determine how big an SD card I need for a full day of video or if I should instead just do interval shots and then stitch them together later.

TIA!

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
interval shots look too choppy for speeding up driving videos.

your battery will die long before you fill up a 16 gig card, i went with a 32gig card, they aren't too expensive these days (less than half as much as a 512mb card back when i started digital) make sure you get a class 10 card, every SD card has a number with a circle around it (4, 6, 10) its the speed of a card. I had an older card that did not work so well in my camera, the video would stutter and drop frames because the transfer speed of the card was too slow. a 32 gig class 10 card from amazon is only 42 bucks.

i think the gopro will shoot about an hour +/- before the battery goes out. i would guess that drive took about an half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles