Goose Gear (worth it?)

ChrisCosta416

Hi everyone! I am looking for some real world reviews of the goose gear system, I am thinking of purchasing the camp kitchen and drawer set. Any thoughts?

Also pictures would be great!

Maxcustody

Explorer
I will say it is definitely worth it. This is my second set of Goose gear. I had it previously in my Jeep, now in the Toyota. Fit and finish is outstanding as well as Brian's customer service. Is it the cheapest, absolutely not, but you get what you pay for. If you want some cheap junk there is plenty out there. If you want to spend money once and not have any regrets, then Goose Gear is a great option.............I am just a happy customer, I do not work for them.

IMG_1554.JPGIMG_1555.JPGIMG_1554.JPGIMG_1549.JPGIMG_1535.JPGIMG_1538.JPG

I have not committed yet but I am likely to go with the goose-gear drawers for a chevy colorado I am looking to purchase soon. I met Brian at expo east this year and spent 45 minutes on the phone with Brett. I don't have the skills or the tools to do it myself and the product I saw of theirs on a truck at expo east was great. I feel very confident the product is solid based on my limited experience so far, but I really liked the feel of the drawers I was playing with at expo east and the guy who has them on his truck loves them.

fireball

Explorer
Depending on what truck you have, I'd also recommend taking a look at Trekboxx. They are very expensive, but very, very nice.

The goose stuff is nice, but you sacrifice a lot of usable space due to the construction method.

aaen

Adventurer
How heavy is their drawer system? They don’t seem to have weights listed. Currently running a decked and getting ride of it.

2016 dclb taco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yorkdiver

How heavy is their drawer system? They don’t seem to have weights listed. Currently running a decked and getting ride of it.

2016 dclb taco

What don’t you like about your Decked? I’m thinking of getting one for my DCLB Taco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aaen

Adventurer
The use of the space is very in efficient you lose a lot of your space that could be utilized for storage. It’s a great system and well put together I just can’t fit what I need into the drawers.

I switched it out to a front runner Wolfpack pick up system which they say won’t fit in a tacoma but it does aded on the freshwater tank. Still have about 12 inches of space at the front of the bed I need to add on the floor system but I can fit everything I had in the deck system and more into the six wolfpacks. It also Weighs-less

bguerrero

I have the Goose Gear plate system in my 2015 Jeep JKU, not worth the money! After receiving and installing it, I realize that I could of made it myself with plywood and saved a bunch of $$.

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
How much is your time worth? I looked at the goose gear stuff and thought, “Looks pretty simple, I could probably make this myself.” So I did. And like every other project I undertake, by the time I finish I realize maybe buying it isn’t such a bad deal. Even though it looks pretty simple, by the time I bought plywood, slides, screws, and other misc hardwear I probably spent $150-200, and that doesn’t include a lot of scrap parts I already had. I’m lucky to have all the tools and space to work on it, for someone living in an apt the goose gear stuff starts to look more reasonable.

Altogether I have about 30+ hours into it, and it doesn’t look nearly as nice as the GG stuff. A lot of it was figuring out what I wanted , how to mount things, and re-doing things because I changed my mind. The first time is always a learning curve, if I had to duplicate it’d probably take 1/3 the time. So if you have the time and motivation to make your own, definitely do it, but for people who don’t want the headaches the GG stuff is expensive, but not unreasonable