Goose Gear JKU Plate System question

Hey everyone!

After finishing my New Mexico/ Arizona expedition, I am really interested in the Goose Gear plate system for my Jeep so I can mount a fridge slide and possibly do a 60 seat delete to sleep in the Jeep.

My question is regarding the subwoofer. I have the Alpine 9 speaker system with subwoofer in my Jeep and I think it sounds pretty good. I am worried that if I delete my subwoofer to install the plate system that the sound is going to sound like s***.

Has anyone gone with the sub delete for the plate system? Does the sound seem ok? I was talking with the guys at the Goose Gear booth at Expo and they recomended that if I wanted to keep the sub I get one installed underneath the passenger seat. Anyone done this?

Thanks everyone!

ratled

Adventurer
Have you seen this? Half the weight and a quarter of the cost. Not the exact same but worthy of consideration. I am working on my own version of this

ratled

Have you seen this? Half the weight and a quarter of the cost. Not the exact same but worthy of consideration. I am working on my own version of this

ratled

I have thought about building my own system but honestly I don't have any of the tools for it and being a college student, I don't have the access to a garage that would make this kind of work possible.

I ditched my sub in about week 4 of ownership on my 2014 JKU. I think I only have 6 or maybe 8 speakers now. I'm not an audio guy, but I can tell you it didn't really seem to make any difference in the sound of my radio, discs, or MP3 files.

If you are into hip-hop or something like that, bass may be more important to you.

The sub is just a real estate hog IMHO.

That's the plan. Going to try to disconect the sub tomorrow and see how I like it unpluged for a few days. If it isn't bad, I'll probably move ahead with the Plate System in around a month or two.
before you start unbolting and prying the trim, pull the carpet away from the wall. I can't remember where the plug is, but I seem to remember that the carpet comes out easy with no tools and can be stuffed back under the hard parts without a lot of drama. the plug connector might be under the carpet not the plastic. someone else might know more. it has been years since I did this

I did exactly that: had a new sub box built for under the passenger seat and then installed the Goose gear platform system and boxes. The sound is better, but I also upgraded the rest of the speakers at the same time, so it's hard to attribute the improved sound to one or the other. I do love the goose platform and boxes though; very convenient.