Goose Gear Cubbies? Yea or Nay?

Vanhalo

Just ordered the GG platform plate for my JKU.
Considering the Cubbies but I am not certain how useful they are.
Do they scratch the cosmetic itch or do you find them useful?

Vanhalo

I bought some baltic birch to use as a template. I may sell the GG platform when i get it. Depends on how well my fridge mount works with it.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Depending on the year of your Jeep you might need to remove the stock side plastic. When you do this you will have exposed metal and a lack of carpet on Jeeps 2011-newer. The side cubbies will cover this bare metal/unfinished look. If you have a 2007-2010 your fully carpeted fenders will look fine. As far as storage goes. I store a complete rain jacket/pants, wool underwear top and bottom, puffy jacket and a wool hat in one of the cubbies. The other side has a 2” tall Sea to Summit inflatable mattress, extra large microfiber towel, several shower pouches and room for more. Unless you are an avid woodworker and have access to a good guy deal at LineX. You would be hard pressed to build the baseplate for less money. If you count your time as money.

just my 2 cents.

Check my Instagram for Jeep shots if you need ideas

Justin

ccperkdog

You can trim the plastic side panels with a dremel. Go slow, use tape, trim and test fit, trim again. I chose this route for cost and also I liked the look of just the full floor platform.

EE790F6F-B9FA-428F-B39F-BABBB2AAAF1A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles