Goodyear MTR Kevlar current opinions

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Ok, I've been running BFG KM/KOs for a long time. However, before that I always ran the GY MT then MTR, but never the GY MTR Kevlar.

I just noticed Goodyear has a new size that is basically 34x10.5R17 rated D, actually stated as 34.6x10.8R17.

LT275/80R17

I wanted to see what everyones general experience has been running any size GY MTR Kevlar.

(none)

Adventurer
interesting tire size. I'd like to know what they weigh, especially compared to the BFG. Do your BFGs measure about 32.5" installed? So figured hte Goodyears would measure around 33"?

jadmt

ignore button user
dang that is a perfect size. I have not seen that before. MTR's are usually pretty close to true size so basically a 35. discount tire says 63lbs

Last edited:

Superduty

Adventurer
I ran MTRs for about 15 years on my Jeep. They are a great tire in the rocks and handled abuse very well. I recently switched to BFG KO2s and the road manners are dramatically better - it's night and day difference. KO2s are better in the sand. KO2s are also better on dirt and washboard roads. The MTRs were better in sloppy muddy stuff, but I try to stay away from that. I doubt I would go back to the MTRs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94