Goodyear G275 MSA 335/80R20 Tires - Where to buy and how expensive?

You’re absolutely correct in your concerns about military type 20s getting too hot and disintegrating when run too fast, especially in hot weather. It’s always on my mind and thankfully has never happened to me. But I do know of specific instances where it has occurred, as well as the preventive measures that were not performed.
The USA is unique in being a geographically large country crisscrossed by interstate highways. Eastern China is getting close but believe me that Australia, Canada, Russia are not. People in this country can and do drive heavy vehicles up to semis at 80mph or even faster very long distances.
Germany, a smaller country, has a great autobahn system but for >3500kg (7700 lb) GVW the speed limit is 80kph (50mph) and they enforce it at ~54mph. Including RVs.
So you made the right decision if you expect to drive distances at 70 or faster.
The big problem with 22.5s is bead retention at low pressures. I think some Humvees have 16.5 beadlocks (with 2 piece wheels) but I haven’t ever heard of beadlocks with 22.5s. The 22.5 bead/rim system is intrinsically less “sticky” than the 20s. So with your 295s you’re going to have to be careful going lower than 50% (my guess only) road pressure.
You are also correct in its’ being easy to find, it’s a common large RV size. No need for a second unmounted spare.

sardo_67

since google keeps bringing me here for the G275s the ones stancesorks sells for 6-700 each are rejects or old stock and of poor quality?

sardo_67

This is not to old of a thread
I am in process of installing 22.5 wheels on my f450 camper with 295/75. I felt that 315/80 was a big to big. These are 40 inches and rated to hold 6300 pounds if ran as singles. I am using 22.5x9 flare face alcoa wheels both front and rear.
Reason I when with 22.5 and 295 is if I even need a tire in the middle of nowhere chances are it's going to be available. Heck I can probobly find one on the shoulder on a freeway lol.
When. I started my research of lifting the camper a d was looking for military wheels and tires couple things that I didn't like.
Wheels, adapters with beadlocks and all that hardware seem to be very heavy and not that easy to find local. If not local then shipping them is not cheap.
Tires are pretty much a special order continental or good year and one cost more then the other. If u buy used or old new stock they are going to have an older manufacturing date. I really didn't like that.
How long they will last. I hear goodyears will go for 55k but some p say they get a little more then 20k out of continental tires. These semi tires that cost much less will out last both put together (online research)
Now one more thing I was scared about as much as I like to think that my HUGE rv f450 is super cool with 3inches + of lift and 40 inch tires and ready for off-road it's main road will be paved almost perfectly. Maybe 20% will be on gravel roads to get to those remote hot springs. So having a big rig on pavement most of the time ppl say continental tires can over heat and start to delaminate. That scares me a bit.

Now I chose an open shoulder semi tire with pretty aggressive tread they looks pretty good.
4 new tires 1400
4 new aluminum 50 pound wheels 1200
Adapters to mount the wheels also 1250.

Not cheap but I think also not as expensive hopefully to last longer and be lighter in the process.
And let's face it semi tires are ment to be On road where the rv will spend most of it's time.
Btw I have a thread about my build on here if u want to look it up.

Adapters will be in Monday so after alignment I should know how if will ride with massive 40 inch tires.

where do you keep your spare tire?

Bob W

since google keeps bringing me here for the G275s the ones stancesorks sells for 6-700 each are rejects or old stock and of poor quality?

The one I got, from Staz, to replace our spare was a 2019 (3619 date) tire. Also as a comparison, the tire that blew out on us was warranted by Goodyear (sidewall separation from belts)and that tire was also a 2020 (4120 date). Both had the original tag from Goodyear on them. Based on this info would not consider that tire to be a reject, old or of poor quality.

As a point of reference we have just over 27000 miles on our tires and have about half tread left, so expect to get around 50000 as others have noted. At that time I will be purchasing our next set of G275s from Staz.

oliklink

Any reference places to mount and balance the G275 MSA (330/80/R20) in the SF Bay Area? 41" tires on Beadlocks wheels.

Location preference: San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks in advance ... Tires_IMG_0964.jpg

sardo_67

Any reference places to mount and balance the G275 MSA (330/80/R20) in the SF Bay Area? 41" tires on Beadlocks wheels.

Location preference: San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks in advance ... View attachment 647001

I had my cousin balance the wheels alone with stick in weights and I’ll finish it with the hub balancing rings. Haven’t finished it yet, should be talking a test drive this weekend.

vovka1

So I installed the tires and balanced with about 16oz of beads from Amazon. Did the install myself actually easier then I thought it would be.
So far drives fine sometimes speeds under 40 or 30 I feel some vibration. Here it is.

IMG_20210313_131659.jpg

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
This is not to old of a thread
I am in process of installing 22.5 wheels on my f450 camper with 295/75. I felt that 315/80 was a big to big. These are 40 inches and rated to hold 6300 pounds if ran as singles. I am using 22.5x9 flare face alcoa wheels both front and rear.
Reason I when with 22.5 and 295 is if I even need a tire in the middle of nowhere chances are it's going to be available. Heck I can probobly find one on the shoulder on a freeway lol.
When. I started my research of lifting the camper a d was looking for military wheels and tires couple things that I didn't like.
Wheels, adapters with beadlocks and all that hardware seem to be very heavy and not that easy to find local. If not local then shipping them is not cheap.
Tires are pretty much a special order continental or good year and one cost more then the other. If u buy used or old new stock they are going to have an older manufacturing date. I really didn't like that.
How long they will last. I hear goodyears will go for 55k but some p say they get a little more then 20k out of continental tires. These semi tires that cost much less will out last both put together (online research)
Now one more thing I was scared about as much as I like to think that my HUGE rv f450 is super cool with 3inches + of lift and 40 inch tires and ready for off-road it's main road will be paved almost perfectly. Maybe 20% will be on gravel roads to get to those remote hot springs. So having a big rig on pavement most of the time ppl say continental tires can over heat and start to delaminate. That scares me a bit.

Now I chose an open shoulder semi tire with pretty aggressive tread they looks pretty good.
4 new tires 1400
4 new aluminum 50 pound wheels 1200
Adapters to mount the wheels also 1250.

Not cheap but I think also not as expensive hopefully to last longer and be lighter in the process.
And let's face it semi tires are ment to be On road where the rv will spend most of it's time.
Btw I have a thread about my build on here if u want to look it up.

Adapters will be in Monday so after alignment I should know how if will ride with massive 40 inch tires.

Excellent info and very helpful! I am considering something like this.

Care to elaborate on what the "adapters" are needed for?

Beautiful setup sir!

vovka1

Excellent info and very helpful! I am considering something like this.

Care to elaborate on what the "adapters" are needed for?

Beautiful setup sir!

Sorry for late reply. Missed the email update.
Stock 10 lugs pattern is 10x225. Semi truck lug pattern is 10x285 so u need adapters to be able to bolt them on.
Now there are companies that cut alco wheels to the same 10x225 pattern so they are bolt on. But I was only able to find them as dually setup never a flat face wheel.

StrongCo

NO issue with my Stazwork setup - balanced fine and I have about 15,000 miles on them... 2021 F-550 20in Stay beadlocks & Goodyear G275 MSA new - no sign of being blemsB7395519-71F7-4338-9A1E-4C19AEC596B7.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles