Goodyear Adventures 265-70-18 (pro-grade in 6 ply)

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
After a ton research between the Goodyear Adventure and BFG KO2... I pulled the trigger yesterday on the Adventures. My criteria were:

1. MPG (weight and rolling resistance)
2. Road Noise
3. Wet weather traction
4. Triple Peak Snow Rated
5. Looks
6. Sidewall (I don't do any rock crawling)

It was a close call, but what won the day was that I could keep the Triple Peak Snow rating in a 6-ply with the Adventures, vs. the BFG's, which only keep the snow rating in a 10-ply. There is literally no road noise at 65 MPH (like at all) with the new Adventures. I'm shocked. I've owned Toyo AT, BFG KO's and the brand new Nitto EXO on my Landcruiser. The KO's were the quietest, with the EXO's being the loudest. Anyway, the Adventures are simply the quietest AT tire I've ever owned, and it seems like I've lost about 1 MPG with the larger tire size and increased weight. Handling is more planted and confidence inspiring than the Khumos that came on the truck.

This is definitely a tire people who drive 90% of the time on the road should consider!

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 48

Jwestpro

Explorer
Interesting. For practically the same criteria I chose the Michelin LTX M/S2 in 275/65x18 which is just a bit smaller. For use on the G I would have used the 275/70x18. E load range makes more sense for my purposes even on mostly highway trips but you know what you like ;)

By what method do you think you've "lost about 1MPG" ? Rolling easy on the highway it may actually increase due to the lower rpm. I know that for me going from a smaller BFG AT KO to the Michelin with the Green X low rolling resistance technology, it's mpg increased by about 10% even though the weight is similar. I did however combine my lightest factory wheel with the Michelins and have the BFG on the 5 lbs heavier wheels.

I'll read up on those Adventures...

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
So I totally fudged my tire size. I got the 275-65-18... doh! I decided not to do the 275-70-18 because I didn't want to impact my mileage too much.

Interesting. For practically the same criteria I chose the Michelin LTX M/S2 in 275/65x18 which is just a bit smaller. For use on the G I would have used the 275/70x18. E load range makes more sense for my purposes even on mostly highway trips but you know what you like ;)

By what method do you think you've "lost about 1MPG" ? Rolling easy on the highway it may actually increase due to the lower rpm. I know that for me going from a smaller BFG AT KO to the Michelin with the Green X low rolling resistance technology, it's mpg increased by about 10% even though the weight is similar. I did however combine my lightest factory wheel with the Michelins and have the BFG on the 5 lbs heavier wheels.

I'll read up on those Adventures...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94