Goodbye to my 80 series.

Sempertoy

Explorer
I sold my beloved 80....

My family is growing and its time to get something a bit more practical and not so built. I made incredible memories in my 80 and got to see some of the most beautiful parts of the country while I owned it. You will be missed. I am on the hunt for a 100 series, and may have already found the right rig. We will see.

IMG_7574.jpg

Last edited:

Upland80

Adventurer
Ugh...sorry for your loss. Saw your posts on Mud. I too contemplated selling the 80 for a 100 and had offers north of 15K for my rig, but in the end...I just couldn't do it. Hope you enjoy the 100 and let us know how it works out.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Hey at least you didn't smash it like I did. You will like the 100 but it will not go where your 80 did, even fully built. Laying under mine last night though, I was wishing it was my 80. Way more room under the 80, higher off the shop floor made working on the 80 much easier. I need some ramps for the 100 or a lift! I am not used to working on a truck so low to the ground....

Cheers

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey at least you didn't smash it like I did. You will like the 100 but it will not go where your 80 did, even fully built. Laying under mine last night though, I was wishing it was my 80. Way more room under the 80, higher off the shop floor made working on the 80 much easier. I need some ramps for the 100 or a lift! I am not used to working on a truck so low to the ground....

Cheers

You best get a lift on your 100! And some bigger meats! (Assuming you haven't yet)

Sempertoy, you'll still be happy (possibly happier!) with the 100 series. Do a mild build and you'll be surprised at how capable they are! Mine has gone all the places my mildly built Rubicon went.

Cheers

Smashed? I want to hear the back story on this! As far as smashed, I rolled mine this past Summer and just bought a donor to swap the parts onto, it is like a modern day version of the 6 million dollar man, FJ80 version.

I keep on thinking of buying a 100 series myself in spite of finding another FJ80.

Last edited:

Willman

Sorry for your loss! I too sold my baby last summer....I feel like somebody took one of my kids! It did go to a good home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles