Goodbye Monty, selling it here first. Please read...

Fefrank

Getting rid of Monty, it was a difficult decision but it has to be done. The butterfly valve fell in the intake. The dreaded piston eater. I've spent lots of money on this car but don't have anymore time to fix it or the desire to, so replaced it with a 2013 Tacoma and I've been very happy with the decision so far. One thing I miss is the traction control system, now that is special. I am selling this baby for $500. Have not yet listed it, but wanted to know If anyone in the forum is interested in a 2005 Mitsubishi Montero that needs engine work and probable transmission work in the future, Let me know. Here is what I've done to it since I got it.

-Continental Timing Belt Kit with Aisin water pump. Just did 2 months ago, not even a 1,000 miles ago.
-New tires 8 months old, 275 65 17s.
-New wheel bearings at the front.
-New boss touchscreen radio w/ GPS.

This Montero does not have a moon roof, but a place for a ceiling monitor. I took the one from the factory off (because it didn't work) thinking I would replace it with a new one, but its too late now. The car has 188,000 miles.

Thank you all for your advice and help throughout this year. These are beautiful machines, I only wished they still sold them here in the US. I would have replaced Monty with a newer one in less than a heartbeat. What a shame. :(

Cheers everyone, be safe out there and enjoy your Montero expeditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior