Good price on a Wildernest?

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
Tomorrow I am going to look at a Wildernest for a full size longbed. The owner said it has a couple small holes in the fabric, but otherwise is in great shape. He is asking $750 obo. What are these going for? Anything I need to look for? Any quick info would be very appreciated!

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Full size ones in decent shape generally fall in the $500 to $700 range, a bit lower than the ones that fit 6' small trucks. If it's nice, good fabric and has accessories then $750 would not be a bad deal but maybe (just maybe) a touch high for just the 'Nest.

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
Well, I own it, got it for $600. The fabric does have a couple holes that can be patched, and a bit of mildew. I have Lysol-bombed it and plan on getting the patching going soon. Structure is excellent with all the hinges, springs, and latches in great shape. It has all the fiberglass poles in perfect shape, as well as the rare angle brackets for the front and rear windows! Even has the dividing curtains in perfect shape! All the glass is good and screens are even intact on the sides. By far the biggest problem is the tears in the fabric and the mildew. After deploying it for the first time (man that was easy!) I did some cleaning and inspection. Considering the condition of the entire unit, I am considering doing a complete restoration, including all new fabric, maybe with some updated style material. Expensive I know, but after getting in and considering the overall design, I think it may be worth it! I plan on having this for many years and using it several times a year.

After saying all that, what would you recommend for fabric? I'm not a seamstress, and will have to find someone who can do it. Maybe an upholstery shop or RV repair shop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94