Good place to shoot off of Irwin Road, Barstow CA ?

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Hello All-

I posted this over in the CA NV regional forum but I thought I would put something here also.
Does anyone have a GPX file or latitude/longitude for a good place to shoot in the area off of Irwin Road (Barstow CA), West of Calico Ghost Town?
Or maybe some good turn by turn directions based on landmarks?
I will probably camp overnight then shoot the next day so shelter from wind and a decent backstop for bullets would be great.
A shooting area out to a few hundred yards or maybe 1300 yards would be great but not necessary.
Thanks

Rumline

Observer
I used to go out there all the time when I lived in So Cal. Lots of good spots in the rolling hills west of Irwin Rd. I only know of one relatively well-traveled spot where you can safely reach out to 1000 yds, and that's east of Irwin Rd. I'll look up a few and get back to you tomorrow.

The Wizard

Observer
Go to Google Maps, satellite view or better yet Google Earth and do an aerial recon of the area you are interested in. There are a number of YouTube videos on doing this.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Go to Google Maps, satellite view or better yet Google Earth and do an aerial recon of the area you are interested in. There are a number of YouTube videos on doing this.

Good idea. I have received some PM's from local Southern California ExPo members who were able to provide some info on exactly where to go.
I don't have a lot of spare time to drive out and scout so I would like to maximize my time out in the wild by being able to drive out, set up and shoot.
I will take a look at youtube also. I have been doing some Google Earth searches also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles