Good place to buy a mattress.

I am finishing up a build of a sleep platform for Foreseter and the last things I have left to figure out is the bedding itself.
I have used a few RTT tents before and found the 2.5 inch high density mattress to be perfect.

Can someone point in me in the right direction of were I can find the same type of foam for a custom size mattress, as I need a mattress that is 40 x 78 inches.

Thanks!

SnoViking

Adventurer
I just bought a 1" "topper" for my RTT from The Foam Factoryu (www.FoambyMail.com) and I'm pretty happy with the quality, price, and turn around time.

http://www.foambymail.com/Merchant2...Category_Code=conventional-seats-and-cushions

I ordered a 1" piece (55"x94") and it was exact. Side note: For the 1" thickness they only had it in 84" lengths so it is two pieces glued/seamed together. The glue is nice and supple and you cant even notice it. But it may be different on a thicker piece.

I order the "best" stuff they had and it was about $65 shipped to me. I had it in about a week.

SnoViking

Adventurer
Just curious, are you using a 1 inch as a topper or just the 1 inch by itself?

Also which foam type did you go with?

I went with the Lux Foam -High Quality. I put that 1" piece on top of my Tepui factory 2.5" mattress. My wife and I are side sleepers so the 2.5" wasn't quite cutting it. I'm hoping/guessing the extra 1" of a higher density foam on top of the factory stuff will fit the bill.

There's a few threads floating around also about Latex mattresses and other options.

Box Rocket

Tepui now sells a Luxury Mattress that is a nice upgrade from their standard mattress. The foam is more dense than the standard so it give better support and there is a top layer of latex foam that is quite soft. I was able to use mine for the first time over the weekend. I definitely felt better support and it was really comfy. I'm also a side sleeper which can make it more common to "bottom out" the mattress. No problems with that for me. Sleep comfort is highly subjective, but this Luxury Mattress was a nice improvement for me.
https://tepuitents.com/products/luxury-roof-top-tent-mattress
As always, 10% off for forum members.

ervandew

Those of you that have added latex toppers, any updates (comfort, ability to fold the tent, anything else worth mentioning)?

SP Jon M3

Observer
I just pulled the trigger on a 1" latex topper for my Autohome Maggi.

Will report back after I test it out.
Any update on the latex topper? I'm thinking of getting one for my James Baroud tent. The 3" high density foam and the comfort mat aren't that comfortable for me as a side sleeper. I would replace the foam with a latex 3" mat, but I'm worried about the latex not holding in heat during the winter months.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Any update on the latex topper? I'm thinking of getting one for my James Baroud tent. The 3" high density foam and the comfort mat aren't that comfortable for me as a side sleeper. I would replace the foam with a latex 3" mat, but I'm worried about the latex not holding in heat during the winter months.
I sold my Maggi at Expo last year but prior to that, I was enjoying the added comfort the topper provided.
The only downside was it's added thickness made it tough to store the ladder inside the closed tent.

Sorry I can't really speak to long term use or heat retention in the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles