GOOD parts suppliers, vendors, etc

blupaddler

Conspirator
So, when I owned my Toyota, I used only Toyota parts. There is a great guy in New Mexico that gives people a discounted rate, usually wholesale.

The reason I bring this up is because I know realize that I will more than likely do the same with my 1988 Ford E350. The main reason for prompting this is because I recently replaced the neutral safety switch with a unit from Napa. However, this part only lasted a couple days, after which the van wouldn't start again. And, after an exhaustive wiring search to determine why the van wouldn't start, which resulted in needing a new neutral safety switch - ugh. My plan is to return the Napa **** and replace it with a Ford factory unit.

The question is...
Where does everyone get their parts (Factory)?
Online?
Locally?
Does anyone know a knowledgeable dealer/parts guy that knows their stuff that would give us as a collective whole a discount? aka power of the portal.

Thanks in advance.

r_w

Adventurer
Priceshop the local Ford dealers. I have 2 that discount, not all the way to wholesale but usually cheaper than shipping from online sources.

www.rockauto.com usually has it at a decent price and at least lists the brands available.

Find the local U-picks that keep vans in stock--there are usually a few because of the millions of contractor vans running around.

ExpoMike

Biggest problem is with older vehicles, the dealers no longer have some parts available. Aftermarket ends up being your only option and so much of that stuff can be crap. On the M1010, I have been using the dealer, NAPA, Rock Auto, Kragen, Autozone, etc. Depends on what I need and who has what. When I can, factory parts from the dealer is my first choice but I try to find the actual part number before calling them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior