Good iPad mount?

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Ram post. You can change height to what you want and bring it closer or further away. I use it to mount my Surface Pro3 but there are a lot of different holders to suit what ever you want. It is bolted to the floor and as you can see it has a stainless plate to help stabilize it that is bolted to the top just before the engine cover. Engine cover can still be opened but I tend to just tilt the cab. Over corrugations any mount will be a problem with movement but this is the best I have found. It is mounted in a position that three can still sit in the front but why would you as the centre seat is really not meant to be used.

dscf3702b-jpg.422359

Dan.

Bris31

Adventurer
Here is my solution for the last 3 years. 8" tablet fixed to rear view mirror (which is useless with camper at the back) by 4x velcro. So far no issue after 30k on bitumen, gravel & corrugated roads.

09Busaman

I have been happy with the cup holder mount I used with my iPad. Used it for mapping and outage info responding to fires.
New job and new location will be using it for offroad trail maps and exploring.
I used a Pro Clip mount in my Tahoe with a Ram ball. That was the best I have found, but they dont have a Pro Clip I like for Superduty trucks.

skippythedog

Observer
I have installed the RAM Mount posts on the bolts that hold my grab handles on my A- pillars....so I have 2 on each pillar. I simply bought longer bolts. The Ram balls are designed for an 8mm bolt (supplied) but your handles use 6mm bolts. This requires the use of a washer that will crush (concave) slightly as you tighten them up ....I hate drilling holes and this is a great non-invasive way to mount electronics. If I need more capability, I will simply fab up a hollow aluminum bar/bracket that will span the width of the cab just above the dash, mounting on each end with the ball mounts...rendering the whole thing easily removable. I'd encase the wires within leaving only a pigtail on the dash... https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Motorc...m+ball+mount&qid=1553831407&s=gateway&sr=8-10

gait

Explorer
I have a very melted gps that was mounted above the dash. Got a bit hot parked in 40 degree (Celsius) heat and the sun moved.

It still works. Just the case is more than a bit distorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles