Good deal on used Scepters?

RJ40

Adventurer
Not affiliated at all, but I did buy 4 of these this past summer! Great deal and they are perfect for the purpose...scratched up some, but they work well for me. I did replace all the gaskets with new ones. They are for diesel fuel, and gasoline eats them up, so I just replaced with the right ones for gas.

Very satisfied!

Cheers!

TRACTION

Adventurer
What do these cost new in the first place in places you can still buy them, like Canada? Just wondering what to compare the used price to. That and I might make a run to Canada to pick some up.

cstamm81

Adventurer
RJ40, thanks for the response. Where did you get the new gaskets? Is there a good source to buy Scepter fill nozzles? I saw a used one on ebay for like 60 bucks! I would also be curious to hear what they cost "new", or maybe I don't want to know. I never thought I would consider buying two used fuel cans for 80 bucks.

RJ40

Adventurer
RJ40, thanks for the response. Where did you get the new gaskets? Is there a good source to buy Scepter fill nozzles? I saw a used one on ebay for like 60 bucks! I would also be curious to hear what they cost "new", or maybe I don't want to know. I never thought I would consider buying two used fuel cans for 80 bucks.

I got my nozzle off fleabay, and it was a good deal, but they are not available any longer from that seller...I'd look there some more...as for the gaskets, check this thread, post #3: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33975

Cheers!

blackheart

For 80.00 bucks find a welder make some out of 3/16 gauge alum.
will be better , last forever . This has gone beyond crazy with the price for a 5 dollar fuel container

blackheart

In fact PM me if I get enough commitments in the usa I will have a fabricator give me some quotes

Ca ---- need not apply

In fact if you want EPA certifications - or for that matter any certification do not contact me as if you blow yourself up I will not be able to be sued ( for selling my liquid container ) -------- sorry

edit : I do not not want to hear about laws from lawyers or those that slept at a Holiday Inn last night either

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
In fact PM me if I get enough commitments in the usa I will have a fabricator give me some quotes...

Any pictures? renderings? rough scratch drawings? of what your "better and cheaper" cans would look like? What nozzle would they use? How would they seal around the spout. Would the the nozzle have an internal vent? Have you built a fuel can or anything similar to this before? What kind of coating would the finished product have? Would this fabricator use flat sheet for all components or would have be stamping components to add rigidity, ergonomics or aesthetics?

If its truly a bigger & better fuel container I may commit, but random 'keyboard' claims with isn't enough to get commitment from most ;)

blackheart

Any pictures? renderings? rough scratch drawings? of what your "better and cheaper" cans would look like? What nozzle would they use? How would they seal around the spout. Would the the nozzle have an internal vent? Have you built a fuel can or anything similar to this before? What kind of coating would the finished product have? Would this fabricator use flat sheet for all components or would have be stamping components to add rigidity, ergonomics or aesthetics?

If its truly a bigger & better fuel container I may commit, but random 'keyboard' claims with isn't enough to get commitment from most ;)

Not bigger just better , would fit all current jerry can holders

Number two - cap would be gasket / vinton gasket / screw on - no leaks in any position

Number three - no nozzle - want to fuel up from it - use a siphon hose - better and cheaper for you with less fuel loss / plus less design problems for my fabricator.

As far as drawing this is a concept idea - I have no idea what it will look like but understand your thoughts so bookmark this post till I can get the work in progress and post pics for comments

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Maybe Scepter ought to look into this 'vinton' might solve their leaking woes ;)

Keep us posted on your progress, I'll reserve judgement for now but I honestly don't see it happening cheaper than the current comparable offerings. Prove me wrong :D

blackheart

Spoke to my fabricator today and he said he could make me some but he wasn't into making many as while he could do it for around 50.00 in material his time would make it a non deal thing.

So sorry guys seem I was to optimistic about this do .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior