Good by Suburban, hello Tacoma

Yroundrdn

Observer
The suburban was a fun build and gave us 4 years of great memories but the opportunity to sell the beast came up so I bought the truck I've always wanted. Our last trip included some crazy trails where a Sub should not have been, with some narrow trails and intense drop off sections. It was time for a smaller rig. Now, it is time to move over from Domestic to this forum. I look forward learning from you all and the ideas you have all posted.

The build won't be focused too much on drive train, lifts or big tires. It does very well in the stock form but down the road I may need some front and rear approach and department angles. I tested it last weekend and was surprised at how well it did and how easy it was given my past vehicles.

The plan is to install a diamond back cover, RTT on top and build out an 80/20 T-slot drawer system. Due to Covid, everything is on back order :mad: so our first trip to Idaho & Wyoming will have to utilize tent camping.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 20

DCGibbs

Observer
so our first trip to Idaho & Wyoming will have to utilize tent camping
Welcome back to the Toyota family... Where and when are you planning to travel to Idaho & Wyoming? There are lots of open (diverse) off-highway camping available. But if you're headed to the Tetons and Yellowstone, you want to reserve a camp spots. Lots to do in both states - depends on what "floats" your boat. The fly-fishing on the Snake from it's headwaters, down through the Southfork and also Henry's Fork require a little planning to be sure you have access.
Have you planned you route up, and back? Our 2nd vehicle is a 2018 TRD Off-road, Double Cab, Short-bed. Sliders, Bed Cap, and Bed Slide with about 17,600+ miles on it. DG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles