Goldie's Travel Log

GoldiesGarage

Day 3 - Woke up to a beautiful sunrise. Again staying here at the Rock House, was just so fantastic. We took it slow this morning, no real rush. On the point of interests for us today was: the windmill, the Bus (which is no longer there), the mailbox, the lave tubes, travelers monument and the megaphone. Cruising through the Joshua trees again, I feel like a slot car. It is so much fun. Once we left the Joshua trees the landscape became more open and less lush. We started to climb up in elevation to western mountains. The road went from sunken in track to an extremely well maintained road. After an hour of driving, with a slight left we came up to the windmill. I love to see how people lived with out all of the fancy gizmos and gadgets of the world today. Everything is so simple and functional.
20211127_062843.jpg
20211127_063030.jpg

20211127_095232 50.jpg
Slowly descending we made our way to the mailbox. This will be the first time Dan has signed the log book and my second time. It's pretty cool that travelers will leave snacks and water for others in there. A very short distance behind the mail bot is the frog shrine. A little further from the frog shine is the truck rock?? Very enjoyable to see. Not a care in the world, we keep on moving.
20211127_113542 50.jpg
frogs.JPG
GH011444_Moment 50.jpg
Oh... the Lava Tubes... slight vent but all in good fun. This was one of the stops Dan mentioned he wanted to see. I let Dan lead, the open terrain started to change into the prehistoric type of landscape. Rocks are now black and showing signs of volcanic activity. Cruising down the trail cross another very maintain dirt road (Aiken road) with regular cars traversing them. It was about a half hour, I noticed the terrain is changing again and the volcanic rocks are less and less. I checked the map and came to the realization that we pasted the lava tubes. I get Dan's attention and we double back to Aiken road and make our now left. The lava tubes never disappoint. You have to crawl through a very low and short tunnel and you a rewarded with two beams of light shining into the cave.
20211127_124054.jpg
20211127_124341.jpg
Making up for some of the time we had lost for doubling back. We were moving down the track at a good pace. Next stop Travelers monument. Leaving the volcanic area, the landscape opened up again. The road put up into a wash. Dan started hearing noise from the rear of his truck. After a quick once over, he noticed that his rear rack has shifted and now is only secured but two mounting points. The only thing we could do is ratchet strap the rack to the mounts again. He took his awning off and moved it to the front rack. His pressurized water shower thing was now stored inside the bed. With the rack secured and the noise just about gone, we continued to Travelers Monument. Making it to the Soda Lake it pretty neat. The top soil is like moon dust and if someone is in front of you good luck eating all that dust. We graciously added our rocks, which I daringly excavated out of the raging Colorado river to the monument. Reading the plaque and being so inspired, we started our way to what I really wanted to see the...Megaphone.
S1000314_Moment(2).jpg
Once we got out of the dry lake bed, it was a simple left we need to take for the Megaphone. When headed to the Megaphone from the trail you leave the Mojave National Preserve. We found ourselves in side by side country. 5th wheels and massive trucks where everywhere. The GPS said about 1.5 hours to travel the 15ish miles. Oh boy, was it right. The terrain limited my driving to about 10 mph. The whoops were big and I was not driving a pre-runnier with 18+ inches of travel. After being on the trail for about an hour we came up on a railroad with no crossing. I was thinking of dropping some traction boards and crossing but I figured it wouldn't be a good spot to get stuck. I flagged down some riders and asked how to cross. I was told the was a crossing about 2ish miles to the east. Being determined to make it to the Megaphone. I started heading east. Dan hits me up on the radio and gets me out of my tunnel vison. He was at half a tank of fuel and he already put in 5 gallons this morning. With now knowing, making it to the Megaphone was over, I needed to know where this rail road crossing was. So, Dan waited while I went on a short scouting mission. In fact, it was about 2 ish mile detour, 5ish mile detour was going to be to much. I marked it on my map for next time. With my hopes dashed, I turned around. It was now time find camp, light was fading fast. With the slow speed we could travel on this terrain, there was no way we would make it back into the Preserve and find a decent camp site. We decided we would just camp with all the SXS guys. The area was massive, even with 5 groups camping out.
20211127_191919.jpg
A rough day overlanding is still far better than a good day at work.

GoldiesGarage

Day 4 - It was the coldest night yet, 34°F. But I was nice and toasty in my sleeping bag. Never failing us once this trip is the Sun. Coming through every morning with a spectacular sunrise. I woke up excited know what the day will bring. Knowing, we wanted to try and beat the Holiday traffic, today was going to be short and sweet. The rail road bridge, Afton Canyon and two water crossing. But first we needed to get back in the Mojave Preserve, which will take us about 30 mins. When we got to the bridge we took some pictures. I attempted to do a cool video edit but once I started editing it wasn't that great. Call me crazy but videos come out better when you push record button. Moving along, we started to enter the canyon. I can't really describe it but there is something about the place I really enjoy. Maybe it is being surrounded by tall earth walls. I am taking in every minute of this roads every changing scenery. We seen that there is a slot canyon somewhere one the internet. We attempted to find it but only found a really short one. I seen some other spots it might be but stakes in the ground said area off limits. So I guess next time I look again. getting to the water crossings, I forgot how deep the first one was. 2nd gears was struggling so I shifted down to first. The second water crossing wasn't as deep as I can recall. After the second waster crossing, it is just a short hop skip and a jump to the 15 Freeway. We aired up the tires, I congratulated him for complete the Mojave Road, we said our good-byes and went our separate ways.
20211128_055252.jpg
20211128_064039.jpg
20211128_081729.jpg
20211128_085327.jpg
20211128_090524.jpg
water 1.jpg
Water 2.jpg
Water 3.jpg
20211128_103415.jpg

GoldiesGarage

What a Random Girl Off Instagram, Volvo XC90, Mint400 & 2258 miles have in common.

Short back story.
I volunteered at the 2021 Mint400 and I was taking a picture under the Mint400 banner. The BFGoodrich media team was there and really liked my 1949 International KB2. They took some pictures and asked if it was okay for them to post it on the BFG Social Media...ummmm YEAH it is! They seen me again later that weekend and took some more pictures. Early January, BFGoodrich media posted the pictures to Instagram.

Evie seen the BFG post and really liked my truck, I can't blame her, it is awesome. She hit me up asking if I would Co-drive with her in the 2022 Mint400. Who would say no to an opportunity like this...YES! She said her main partner had another event to attend and her backup partner broke his leg. With that being said I was very skeptical about the whole thing because it seemed to good to be true. She told me we will be in the 7300 class and rocking a 2017 Volvo XC90 AWD. Cool that is different and I like different. She planned out to do some testing in Reno Nevada. Okay, that is 6 hours for me and 14 hours for her. She lives in Canada. Cool, no problems. The day finally came to do our drives. She left very early in the morning, about 3 hours into her drive I get a message the car won't start. Great... she is somewhere south of Seattle, she sent me a pin and the GPS said 16 hours and 1100 am miles. This is going to suck... So I got dressed and instead of leaving at 1100 am like I was planned. I hit the road at 9 am.

The drive was unexpectedly nice. I didn't see any real traffic. I took a route which I've never been on. Hit the northern part of the 395 Highway. While driving past Walker Lake and I seen some camping spots I would like to chill out at. Being from the desert I love driving through the forest. I find driving through the forest so relaxing, except driving at night. I haven't driven long distance in awhile but the drive was uneventful and I was able to do it in 1 shot. While Evie was waiting for me to get there she found a Uhaul trailer in Reno, If we got a trailer in Washington it would of cost her over $500 but picking it up in Reno and dropping it off in Las Vegas it was $250. I picked the trailer up about 3:00 pm and continued on my way North.

I finally got to Evie's location about 1:20 am the following day. Interesting way to meet someone for the first time. We needed to get the Volvo on the trailer. 1st attempt we tried to push it on and it didn't work. Our 2nd attempt was to get the front wheels on the ramps and set the e-brake. Then put my truck in reverse and then push the Volvo the rest of the way. It was working until the electronic e-brake wouldn't disengage. With the power of the internet we found out the the E-brake wouldn't disengage without the car started and put into drive... this car has to much tech. Also, the e-brake is in the rear diff so I couldn't hot wire it. Now the only other option was to call AAA and get a tow. We called a few companies and they straight up told us to call back at around 8:00 am. AAA tow company was coming from out of area and will take about 3 hours to reach us. Evie found a hotel about 30 minutes from our location. We decided to just wait in my truck since what was the point to drive 30 minutes to the hotel and then have to drive back. The tow guy was nice, we asked him if he could just help us load it on the trailer but he said he has to take it somewhere and needed pictures but he could help us load it at the hotel. Perfect. Just as he said he helped us get it on the trailer and went his way. Once on, I tried to get the straps over the front wheels but they were to short. I asked the Uhaul people what tire will fit and they told my 33's... I guess not. I strapped it down the best I could and both of us went to our rooms.

Sleep wasn't great but it was better than nothing. Evie was up early trying to find some longer wheel straps. Uhaul sells longer straps and Evie wanted them, off we went to Uhaul again. Straps was about $24 and took a few wacks with a hammer to get them on. Now, finally we can hit the road safely. The destination was Reno again. The 2nd leg of the adventure was only 10 hours long. Driving with the Volvo on the trailer was easy. It tracked very well and didn't have any problems lowing it. Once in Reno we got to the Hotel and I just knocked out.

Waking up we knew we need some parts. I ordered stuff from Summit Racing before but never been to the physical store. Well it pretty cool inside, they have engine with blowers, super chargers just chilling on stands. They could use some more seating though. We got assisted with a gentleman named Dan. He was super helpful. Evie wanted to redo the whole fuel system from the pre-filters to the AN line to the engine. Which I couldn't blame her. The individual that did the fuel system the first time didn't read the directions and had the fuel pump to far from the tank. This cause the pump to strain because it is designed to push the fuel not bring fuel up. With all said and done we spent about 2.5 hours in Summit Racing Reno store. Not thinking we needed anything else we went back to the Hotel and planned to meet with some of her friends for a quick hang out.

After the hang out I suggested that we should just take off, She had to be at the Las Vegas airport at 3:00 pm the following day. I didn't want to be rushing especially with the Volvo on the trailer. She agreed and we started the 3rd leg of our adventure. This being only 6 hour drive to Las Vegas, I figured I could get it done in 1 shot like the last two. Nope not this time. Driving at night on the back roads in the middle of nowhere SUCKS. Everyone wants to drive with their high beams on, always blinding me. Since I was already tired, I noticed my vision wasn't as clear as I know it should be. I was about 2 hours in the 3rd leg and I made the decision to pull off and take a short nap. Sleeping in my truck sucks. So like 2 hours later I was back on the road again. This portion of the trip was uneventful as well. When I got home, I made sure everything was where it was supposed to be and I just crashed out on my couch.

Some pictures from my drive.
20220218_125346.jpg
20220218_171927.jpg
20220219_105802.jpg
20220219_120947.jpg
20220219_214833.jpg
20220220_174815.jpg
20220219_173132.jpg
I started the tracker late in the drive.
Screenshot_20220224-114315_Gaia GPS.jpg

GoldiesGarage

More fun filled adventures with the Volvo.

So I knew from the start that the fuel pump fired. When you turn it on you hear a terrible noise. I was able to rig up a temporary fuel pump to pressurize the line. That allowed us to start the car and put it in drive and finally the e-brake disengaged. Rolled it off the trailer and pushed it onto my driveway. Since we bought parts at Summit Racing in Reno, I had some stuff to get it going. We also looked at the ATL(Fuel Cell) diagram and it said we should have 2 fuel pumps, one pulls from the rear right and the other rear left. I did all the plumbing as the directions stated and took it on a trip up Mt. Charleston. This test rip showed all the gremlins. My brother and I smelled an electrical burning smell and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then all the aux light, Race Comms and ATL fuel gauge turned off. One of the Summit fuel pumps died and the last straw was a warning came up on the dash saying transmission HOT pull over... Well, we just drove it home.
Inked20220308_133251_LI.jpg
After doing some digging, I found the electrical smell, whoever did the wiring thought that 18awg speaker wire would be able to power all the added electronics. This one wire was spliced and used as a POSITIVE bus. Thank God that the poorly crimped connector separated when it got hot or a fire could have happened. Also, nothing had any fuses. In disbelief I started removing all the wiring and this job alone took me 10 hours since I was taking pictures for Evie. Once that task was finished I had to redo all of the aftermarket wiring. Fuel pumps - two plumb in parallel but 1 primary and the other is a backup all we would need to do is swap the relay and the second one would kick on. The fuel pumps need a safety shut off switch that is located on the driver side dash. I used it as GROUND (-) disconnect. The previous dude and cut a hole in the dash to add the switch panel. I wired it up so the front light bar, ditch lights and roof lights had independent switches. The last two switches powered the Race Comms top portion of the switch panel and Lowrance GPS. I bought a fuse box from a Ford and used it to supply fuses to the switch panel. I tried to make the install as clean as possible.
20220226_092759.jpg
Evie came back to Las Vegas 7 days before the race. I was still doing some finishing touches so the Volvo passed tech. Once the roll cage was fully welded, it was time for a test drive. Just went to a different part of Mt. Charleston. She drove for a bit and then it was my turn. Driving through a wash there were two decent size rocks on both sides of the road. I was planning to drive around them and I missed judged my tire placement and I smashed the passenger tire in the rock. Now the tie rod is bent. 2 DAYS BEFORE RACE DAY. Evie took like a champ and went to the Volvo dealer the next day and they loved how she converted her XC90 into a race car. They took pictures and didn't charge her for the OVERNIGHT EXPRESS shipping. The tie rod came the following day and she got it installed and re-aligned. All is right in the world.
volvo.JPG
1 day till Race Day...
I had to work and I work 12s so after work we needed to get everything in the Volvo. We installed and fitted the 6 point harnesses, mounted the spare tire, spare tools prepped, and finished up with our last minute checks. I finally got into bed around 11 and the alarm was set for 4 am.
20220308_110248.jpg
Race Day
4 am it was, I needed to be at the race area at 7 and it was about an hour drive. Doing this race on 5 hours of sleep is going to be interesting. Evie and I met at a gas station. Filled up our 5 gallon VP Racing containers. These fuel prices are getting ridiculous. We arrived at Primm around 7, got our radio programmed, dawned on our gear, deflated our tires to 18 psi and did another last minute check. I needed to go pee while we were in staging and I didn't want to be the reason that something got messed up so I just sat in the car. Evie said no pissing in the seat so... I guess it is what it is. Staging lasted over an hour before we hit the start line.
20220311_065625.jpg
20220311_091339.jpg
20220311_092710.jpg

Off on the track the Volvo did what it could and we went as fast as we could without breaking anything. We had to watch out for every rock since I did just bend a tie rod a few days earlier. Race etiquette is when someone gets close to us we would pull over and try to make room so they could pass us. Everyone is faster than us which is funny but also annoying. As we were getting overtaken 4 different vehicles hit us. The most expensive damage was breaking the driver side taillight. I get motion sickness very easily and this race was no exception. About 3 hours in, I said we need to stay hydrated and took a sip of water. 5 minutes later I was outside the car vomiting. To help combat the nausea, Evie had me drive. I drove for about 100 miles before I gave the seat back to her. My helmet was trying to kill me. I felt like it was crushing my head. I would have to lift up a little bit to get some relief. Around the 6 hour mark, I couldn't take it anymore, so we pulled over and I put a towel in my helmet which provided some relief. Before we started the 2nd lap we pitted at the Halls Racing pit, they fueled up the Volvo and gave us a small Gatorade, I was so thankful I didn't throw that up too. Lap 2 was uneventful because lap 1 took 5 hours and we figured a lot of things out. We crossed the finish line around the 10 hour mark. First thing I did after the race was find a restroom and go pee. Technically we got 2nd place in our class but there was only 1 other team in our class.

Crazy thing was, in the overall we finished before 6 other teams and in the 2 days of racing almost 80 teams did not finish.
20220311_212924.jpg
Resized_20220311_220725(1).jpeg
20220313_102943.jpg
Lack of sleep, nausea, vomiting, helmet crushing my skull, needing to go pee, and getting tossed around for 10 hours. What a GREAT 1st racing experience. 100% would do it again.

GoldiesGarage

Short Weekend Trip

Went on a camping trip to Zion National Park with my buddy Shaine brothers Eman & Ish and Ish's GF & her daughter. On the way to Zion we stopped for some fuel. Behind the gas staion was Culvers, so I had to get some cheese curds for everyone. I've been to Zion before and loved it. This trip however was slightly different. I don't like to plan my trips by the hour because I like a loose itinerary. I figured we would check Angels Landing out but you need a permit to get to the spectacular part, "The Chains". After that bust we tried the Main Event of Zion "The Narrows". This turned out to be a bust as well. The park said the water was flowing too fast and you can't walk in it. The water being only ankle high had me questioning why they closed it but whatever. We went to see if we could get tickets for anything else for the next day but everything was sold out. So with Zion being a bust we decided to head out and find camp early.

I planned to camp about 30 minutes south of Zion. I read it was public area. We started climbing up the mountain and the more elevation we gained the better the view got. We followed the trail to start to heading down the road to the campsite, that I picked out from Google maps but it started going in a direction we didn't want. So we started driving the other direction which brought us to a bluff. This bluff was nice but had no trees and the wind was starting to pick up. We went further down the trail and found a great spot next to the cliff's edge. We set up camp and with the wind blowing hard we tried to stake down the tents but the stakes were bending. So I grabbed some ratchet straps to keep my hub tent from collapsing. Ish bought all the food and got the ingredients for s'mores and they were fantastic. Great spot, great view and learning what needs to be fixed with my camp set up.

The following day, we changed it up and decided to head back south to Logandale, Nv to run Shredder Trail. This trail is rated a 6 and shouldn't be a problem for the International or the Wrangler. When we got there, there were three built rigs coming out of the trail. Still figuring it is rated 6, I shouldn't have any problems. About 100 feet in, the International started struggling on a simple obstacle. I heard a lot of noise coming from the front of my truck. Once investigated, I noticed my PSC hydro assist clamp was sliding on my tie rod. About two weeks earlier I had Firestone do a wheel alignment, and they didn't tighten all the bolts. I drove the truck to a more even spot. Maxed the wheel to the right, moved the clamp and tightened everything down. That was an easy fix. Went back to the obstacle and I still was struggling. I was flipping my locker switch and nothing was happening. I've never seen my truck perform so poorly. Getting frustrated, I had to make the call to turn around before I put myself and the group in a bad situation. Entering Shredder Trail you go down a steep hill, now I need to go up it. The theme of the trail was STRUGGLE, and I was struggling. I attempted to climb this rock face about 10 times. I tried about five different lines but the truck wasn't having it. Shaine took his Wrangler, locked the front & rear diffs and walked right up it... I'm beside myself, wondering why the truck is performing so terrible. Shaine positioned his Jeep so he could winch me up. I pulled out his winch line because I was going to hook my winch line to his. I hopped in my truck for the last attempt knowing where it was getting stuck. Lo and behold the International just walks up the rock face. At this point I have no idea what is going on. I guess everything just clicked back together.

Lessons learned
Zion wise - get permits and check the website for the river flow rates.

Gear wise - I tested out my camp set up and found places that I need to improve. I have since bought some new gear and I am ready to test it out.
Truck wise - I figured out why it was doing so bad. When I was flipping my locker switch, I was actually turning on my reverse lights
?
If you watch my Spare Tire Carrier Build *Video*, at the end, my reverse lights were on while going up the rock face. Also, I think my transfer case rear shifter popped into neutral. 2wd & unlocked wasn't going to get me up the rock face. I plan to come back to Logandale and finish Shredder Trail and try out some others.

Me wise - I need to stay calm, cool and collected, I probably would've figured out it was all operator error sooner.

Zarrembus

My wife and I decided to get to Vienna by plane and then go to Croatia in a rented car, making stops in places interesting to us. We flew to Vienna on an Austrian Airlines plane, on a Fokker machine. We took tickets about a month or so before the trip, via the Internet, if I'm not mistaken, through the Lufthansa website. But a tip - the sooner you plan your vacation and book tickets, the cheaper the trip will cost you. And with the money saved, you can buy the best travel accessories for men. So, arriving at the airport, we returned our car, everything went smoothly, and without problems, it was the best trip of my life, who cares, I can tell you a funny case that happened to be there...

Last edited:

GoldiesGarage

Did a Weekend trip to Southern Utah. Played around at Sand Hollow and Explored Torquerville and attempted the Zion Subway Hike.
I split the video into two parts. Part 1 is a short fast paced video while Part 2 is slower. Let me know what you think. Just having fun playing with editing styles.

Part 1
Part 2

ITTOG

I liked the short video the best but didn't mind thinks like camp arrival and setup in the second video. I just get tired of too much trail video when the vehicles are on flat trail and nothing is going on.

But I will most likely watch either style you put out.

GoldiesGarage

I liked the short video the best but didn't mind thinks like camp arrival and setup in the second video. I just get tired of too much trail video when the vehicles are on flat trail and nothing is going on.

But I will most likely watch either style you put out.

Thanks for the feed back. I REALLY appreciate it. I hear you I don't like the boring stuff either and I try not to put it in my edits.

GoldiesGarage

Earlier in the year, I was invited to part take in an elk hunt in Chama, New
Mexico. The designated land we are hunting on has restrictions on
combustion engines, so the only thing allowed in are Horses/mules, bikes or
E-bikes but of course you can walk. The group told me the rented bikes and
when we met up (we are a group of 4), they actually had E-bikes. I borrowed
a mountain bike from a
friend, I am at a total disadvantage. October 21, we drove from Las Vegas Nv
to Chama NM. It was about a 700 mile / 12-hour drive. It was a nice drive,
and we did it in one day. Northern New Mexico is such a beautiful place. A
cabin was rented for the next 4 days.

Day 1 (high of 59°F low of 36°) was a rough one. Wake up time was 4:30am.
When
you park the truck, it is about 3 miles in till you are near the elk, the
E-bikes took off and I am trying to pedal up and down the road, not bad but
would be nice if it was electric also the elevation is 7800 ft. Less than 1
mile in, my rear tire starts to go flat, and I push the bike in to the
hunting area. With the e-bike nowhere in sight I just keep pushing my bike
on the main road. One of the guys, Dan, reached the end of the road and
turned around. He too lost the other guys in our group. So, we just stuck
together and looking for elk. We notice that the Elk were bedding down not
too far off the road and figured we could get one near the road instead of
chasing them into the mountains. As Dan and I were walking around scouting,
I found a matching set of Elk Antlers. Day one I traversed 26 miles; 18
miles were on foot.

52481587087_42017f0b40_z.jpg

52482546535_2c168fa726_z.jpg

52482415439_b531b8a838_z.jpg

Day 2. (high of 37° low of 19°) This day was a wash. It was raining all day
with wind and some light snow.

Day 3. (high of 40° low of 25°) Dan and I were planning to capitalize on our
plan
from day one. Wake up time was 4:00 am. The plan was to ditch the bikes at
the 3ish mile mark and
continue on foot. It's about 7:00am and we are about 1.5 miles past the
bikes. I was able to spot some elks grazing on the left side of the road
about 500 yards out. Dan drops his pack and puts a round in the chamber then
runs in their direction. He gets about 225 yards out and takes the shot.
First shot is a miss. He reattacks and hits the elk in the vitals. The elk
moves about 10 yards and stops. We grab some more rounds and get to the elk.
At 7:15 Dan delivers the final shot. We radio the others and let them know
Dan downed an elk. They are pretty far away stocking other elk. Dan brought
a K-bar to quarter the animal. The K-bar is to big to do a good job. The
only other knife we have is my Leatherman. Its barley used and they come
with a very sharp knife. This is Dans and I first elk hunt and he only has
watched 2 YouTube videos on how to skin/quarter it. Dan gets after it and
since we only have one knife all I can do is pull on the fur to help him
skin it. This is a very long process, Dan choose the gutless method and you
have to be careful not to cut the guts and ruin the meat. This process took
about 3 hours. The other two come find us and assists us finishing it up. We
had four game bags, so everyone strapped a game bag to their pack. We got to
the bikes. It's about 6 miles back to the trucks. They all took off on the
E-bikes and I tried to pedal back. My mountain bike didn't like the added
weight the rear tire went flat again. So I got the joy of waking back
pushing the bike. This was the most miserable part of the whole trip. I got
about 4.5 mile when Dan came back with an E-bike so we could switch. Once I
was one the E-bike it was so easy. I get back to the truck and load the meat
into the cooler. I am ready for bed.

52482084781_5df412e505_z.jpg

52482630183_15a0ab29ac_z.jpg

52482415459_f14d674deb_z.jpg

Day 4 (high of 51° low of 15°) So now Dan bagged his Elk the pressure is off
but the other two still need to get theirs. We started the day of slow
because day 3 was a drainer. Once the trucks are parked the other 2 take
off. Dan and I take our time. We get on our bikes a go. About a quarter mile
in Dan E-bike is having problems so we park both of the bikes and walk.
Northern New Mexico is a beautiful place, so the walk was at a leisurely
pace. Soaking up the snowcapped mountains, grass covered plains and the
aspen trees changing colors. About 8:00am we get a into radio range ant the
other group let us know they got an elk. From this point they are about 3
miles away. We make our way over to them. They have two knives and are
making a quick job out of quartering the Elk. One thing is that is nice is
that they hired a guy to carry the meat out with his mules. So, before they
finish (knowing we must walk back) we started to head back. (other two still
have E-bikes) We get about 3 miles down the road when the catch up and the
kindly let us take the E-bikes. We get to where we left our bike and get
them back to the truck. Once the horses get to us, we load the cooler and
put the fresh elk on ice. All pressure is gone. It's about noon. We have so